Wing from a breakers - Will it Match?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Someone bashed into my Primera over Christmas and left me with a Dent in my passenger wing, no note form them and I didn't contact Insurance, If I get one form a Breakers, via the web, how weel will the colour match, or do I really need to go and see it?Is it good enough to get one from the same year and colour or is it likely to be different, different shades or just disscouloured differently.

Thanks Again

Steve

Sponsored Links
how old is the primera ? there is a chance either your car or the wing off the other car has been painted before, so there could be a very slight differance in the shade. also check the side repeator hole is the same.

The car is year 2000 (W ) reg.I had a look on sunday abd noticed that it was a bolt on wing, so I guess easy to replace?
How easy is it to remove the repaeter and re-fit?

they just pop out with a small clip. (from the inner side)

Sponsored Links
Thanks davydunt, any thoughts on colour match? I guess best bet is to see if a local breaker has one and go take a look?

Steve

colour not likely to be a problem if it's the same nissan colour, only prob might be a mail order dealer saying "oh yea, it's mars red" or whatever when it's a different red, ask them for the paint code from the car if doing mail order to confirm. genuine 2nd hand nissan will fit much better than a new replacement panel which are often not a perfect fit and cantherefrore be a pain to fit. easy job though.

Back