Wired in a new cooker - oven not working??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody other any advice for me please?? Sorry not to clever on electrics so simple terms pls!!!

Bought a new cooker, Belling 355, wired it in at the back inside the little black box........Live into live, Neutral into neutral and earth to earth.....No spare terminals or anything. Flicked the socket back on, 4 hobs and grill are working fine but nothing from the oven.

It hasn't got a clock or timer so nothing to do with that, totally stumped me, and have no idea where to go next.

Spoke to the manufacters, but its going to take them 2 weeks to send an engineer out and they said if it turns out to be a wiring fault i'll be charged.

Is there something stupidly obvious I am not doing or have done wrong???

Sponsored Links
photo of the connection box..

you read the manual?

does it have a "minute minder" on it?

does it have a mode selector?

Do you need to bridge the fitting at the back of the cooker?

Haven't got a photo of it sorry
Yep read the manual jut says wire L,N & E in
No minute minder and No mode selecter
And theres no where to bridge all there are is 3 bolts to tighten down once each of the L,N & E are in place and they are 100% in the right place as there is a diagram showing where to put them!!

Sponsored Links
Are there any other unlabelled terminals?

Can you tell us the full model number? Apparently 355 is not recognised.

Apologies, it does exist.

No other terminals....... Just a black box in the bottom right corner, flick the cover off with a screw driver and theres the 3 terminals.

Sorry model is a belling 335 not the 355........can't see anyother model numbers or anything

Cant retrieve the instructions online sadly (i cant find them anyway, and they aint on belling website).

Please read everything in the instructions about

1. installation.
2. operation of the lower oven (is there an interlock to prevent it being used with another part of the cooker perhaps).

Bear in mind the lower oven appears to be "conventional" - it will operate silently and take quite some time to reach temperature.

Looking at the picture, there appears to be no other control. But do check the instructions. Then call Belling, sounds like its faulty.

EDIT

Does the red light come on when you turn the oven on?

No the red light does not come on
Plus I have left the oven turned on with nothing else on for well over 30 mins and its still stone cold

I've read the instructions over and over again to no joy

For insulation it says remove the terminal cover pass the cable through the clamp connect to the appropiate terminals tighten screws and replace cover. DONE ALL THAT

then it says
No part of the appliance will operate unless the main control unit is switch ON.

I take it this my socket on the wall?? And if not it must be turned on due to the fact the hob and grill work right??

need a picture of the connections, there's a wire loose in there somewhere or on the wrong terminal ( not your wiring theirs.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back