Wireless or Wired Burgular / Fire Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently trying to pick an all in one alarm system that both does Intruder and Fire in one unit.

My house is currently having some work done to it, so in theory i could go wired or wireless.

However, i am very sceptical of a wireless system becuase my wireless broadband is crap, my phone is crap, and my wireless keyboard is crap.

Is a wireless alarm crap too???

I am really hoping for someone to tell me that wireless alarms are good, and reliable becuase installing it will be a breeze in comparison to installing a wired one.

I live in a small 3 bed mid terrace.

A system i would want to install would be:

Intruder:
Front Door
French Doors
2 Windows Downstairs
3 Windows Upstairs

Fire:
Cellar 1
cellar 2
front room
back room
kitchen
3 x bedrooms
possibly bathroom

I was in a house fire as a kid and want a good fire alarm.

I have seen an all in one wireless system that even sends you a txt when an alarm is triggered. It comes in quite cheap at about 350 with enough sensors to cover all the above.

any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I personally would fit a wired system, thats just my opinion though.

Same here, but if it must be wireless ive found the powermax to be good and reliable. Fairly expensive but worth the money in my opinion.

you decide for your self, see my just now made comments here you decide.

one other point imust make radio or wireless

a smoke detector on a burgalr alarm does not constiute a frie alarm, fire alarms are designed to save lives, they also have to have lots sof sounders for noise level and back up.

I have seen a wireless fire alarm tested it was interesting

Sponsored Links
Ctec panel with 2 zones minimum. conventional system would install apollo detection. A fire alarm should have 2 sounder circuits. Even if the second only has one sounder on it. Wire it mate wireless is crap. Me boss says there is no such thing as a good wireless burglar alarm system

You can get good wireless Fire alarms and Intruder alarms but they cost !!! A good professional wireless firealarm will coat about £150 per detector and if i remember about £700 for the control equipment. I would go as above for a Ctec 2 zone system with the apollo detectors. As for the Intruder system Scantronic do a Ion16 wireless system.

For the fire side of things why not fit Aico easi-fit mains smoke alarms with battery back up and use radio link bases so that when one alarm activates they all activate. Saves the need to run an interconnecting link wire between them all. Plus you can wire them to seperate lighting circuits as they are radio linked.
Thats what I have in my house. Great bit of kit

http://www.aico.co.uk/smoke_radio.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back