Wireless or Wired Intruder alarm system

John M said:
Power in & out (Thats 2)
Anti tamper loop (Thats another two)
Trigger (The final two) Trigger is the wirez that actually set the alarm off.
Wiring alarms is easy ....... You can do this ........ Need anything else ?

i want an eight zone alarm, with each sensor taking a zone from the control panel.

does that mean each sensor (PIR, Contact, smoke alarm) will have six cables running bach to the control panel

thanks

Sponsored Links
Kind of

You will have a 6 core alarm cable from the panel to each detector.

another sack of poop.

different companies come up with various ideas, this is another one (it has been done before by several big boys)

all go the same way, obsolete - then you are stuffed
also here today gone tomorrow, again you will be stuffed
loose your fob, you are stuffed
want to add another pir, oh, you have to add their own brand (others wont work) what do you mean its obsolete, i only got it 2 years ago

besides you still have to run 2 wires, may as well run a 6 core instead.

Sponsored Links
hi breezer,

thanks for your comments, these six cables, is it a straight forward operation, i mean for an eight zone-alarm, will you have:

1) 8 cable going to the same (+) on the control pannel
2) 8 cable going to the same (-) on the control pannel
3) 8 cable going to the same (tamper thingy) on the control pannel
..etc

so these cable do not cross each other, if they don't that's great

Yeah, but use a flying lead & a bigger connector for multiple terminations on the board connections, trying to shove 8 wires in to a tiny connector ain't fun :(

If you want to email me we can do point to point diagrams to make it easier

flipfloppi said:
hi breezer,

thanks for your comments, these six cables, is it a straight forward operation, i mean for an eight zone-alarm, will you have:

1) 8 cable going to the same (+) on the control pannel
2) 8 cable going to the same (-) on the control pannel
3) 8 cable going to the same (tamper thingy) on the control pannel
..etc

so these cable do not cross each other, if they don't that's great

Technicaly yes.

but say you only use 6 zones, and one of them will be the front door, that only means 5 wires in the +ve not 8.

but also as said just put them into a bigger choc bloc and run a wire to thee +ve terminal, but 5 stndard wires should fit easily

as for the others no, since they will only have one wire in each , 2 at most

I like ADE stuff ....... Cos its easy to fit & they sent me on holidays to Spain once :cool: .......... Well I was lendin them my house for em to train their help desk "Richard Heads" bout on site jiggling ...... ;)

ade, i am sorry to hear that, nice biscuits though, sadly no more

A lot of the confusion can be reduced by giving each of the six wires a function..... Lets say

Red +
Black -
Green & Yellow Tamper Loop
Blue & White Trigger

So all the reds get bunched together
All the blacks get bunched together
So thats ya power sorted

The Blue & Whites go on the zones

Your only left with the tampers to loop in & outta each other & ya done
(Fingers crossed he's not thinking of window foils or pressure pads)

Ok ok I left out the mains connection & the external sounders (Can do that in Phase two)

John M said:
Yeah, but use a flying lead & a bigger connector for multiple terminations on the board connections, trying to shove 8 wires in to a tiny connector ain't fun :(
If you want to email me we can do point to point diagrams to make it easier

John M,

thanks for your help friend, i will try and draw a liitle sketch of what i am looking for and should get in touch sometimes this week

cheers

John M said:
Yeah, but use a flying lead & a bigger connector for multiple terminations on the board connections

John M,

what's a flying lead & a bigger connector for multiple terminations on the board connections?

thanks

hi John M,

very useful was your input, now i know why there's 6 cables, see if i'm right, each Contact or PIR will have 6 cables as follows:

2 for the power (+ and -)
2 for for the zone (in and out or something like that)
1 loops in and out to the next zone

in my case i need an eight zone alarm, 5 contacts and 3 PIR's...what's the average diameter of the 6 core cable by the way?

thanks

you got that one wrong

read john M's post again

diameter is around 5mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back