Wireless or Wired Intruder alarm system

breezer said:
you got that one wrong
read john M's post again
diameter is around 5mm

sorry i meant all + bunched together and same for for all -

Sponsored Links
yes but not all devices need + & -

but you still run a 6 core (saves buying 6 and 4 core, and having loads left over)

breezer said:
yes but not all devices need + & -
but you still run a 6 core (saves buying 6 and 4 core, and having loads left over)

one more interesting thing!! i'm learning a lot from you friends...

so some PIR's and Contacts will need 4 cables instead of 6

And if you are using EOL resistors, door contacts only reqire two cores! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
no.

its cores not cables, cores make up a cable

and its not some its all.

financialy its cheaper and better to run a 6 core cable to everything. how many cores it uses depends on what it is and as RF lighting pointed out does the panel use shunt / end of line resisistors or not

breezer,

I am looking to replace my existing alarm panel (a prehistoric Wickes), I will be using the existing cables, the contacts an PIR's need changing, I damaged them while decorating.

so basically I will need a new panel (ideally communicating one) with 4 PIR's (which ignore the cats) and 3 contacts...

can you suggest any good reliable makes please

thank you

no detector is g'teed to ignore cats. (despite opinions to the contary)

i will not recomend a panels ince what i like is certainly not cheap, BUT RF Lighting would suggest a texecom

no detector is g'teed to ignore cats. (despite opinions to the contary)

i will not recomend a panels ince what i like is certainly not cheap, BUT RF Lighting would suggest a texecom

your been clever with your words there breezer indeed no detector is g`teed to even detect anything either

visonic k980 works

eurosec cpx

i need to replace my existing "prehistoric" panel, thing is I can re-use all existing panels, i have damaged all contacts and PIR' while decorating.

my questions are:

1) are all contacts the same?
2) I use to have a PIR in the kitchen, it's in a corner opposite to the oven, is it a right place?
3) is there a standard for attributing zones?? can anything be zone 1 (for example)??

1) no, but the ones you will get yes (apart from the fact is it brown or white surface or flush, and its shape)

2)so long as the oven is cold it will work

3) depends on the panel

I had a Bentley system done to a high spec 25 years ago by the experts it was fantastic, I moved it to my next home which I left 3 years ago and still working. I down loaded a texecom manual and talked a friend who hadn't a clue how to install it himself over the phone with no problems in 4 years. I bought Pyronix and Texecom gear to do my bungalow but arthritis has crippled me so can't crawl around it loft to lay cables until I get some help, always use anti tamper cables on all devices, try to use separate cable from control box to each pir and contacts, makes it easier to trace a fault if ever you get one. Good Luck!

Contax, very nice of you to reply, but i suspect the OP has done it by now, since he asked last year

do check the date

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back