Wiring fan and low energy lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can say that again (but please don't)

then they have the cheek to call us rude when we point out something they do not understand.

egad :!:

Sponsored Links
I thought this was a helpful site for people doing DIY I have built houses for 40 years but have always avoided lighting. I have spent hours trying to find the right information on here to do the job properly but all I get is insults. What might seem natural to you who have been trained is not always clear for the diy person who also needs to be 100% sure.
I have spent hours reading the posts on here. One person on here says if there is no neutral to loop the perm live and switched live at the fan, is this correct?
Another site says run a neutral from the nearest socket or switch regardless of if its lighting or ringmain???? Surely thats wrong.
I just want to know the right way - please. I have to do this job today.

as has been said (but you do not listen) I have told you several times that what you want is in the for refence section, all you then do is whinge that you can not find what you want, and that you are being insulted.

You do not seem to understand that i am genuinely concerned for you life, to me if you can not follow a simple diagram (and in your case follow simple instructions) then this indicates that you do not have a clue how to proceed other than to whinge and moan.

Even when i point out about part P (which you then whinge that you can not find) you still wnta to whinge and moan.

I should point out that we are a helpful bunch but we will not be part of incompitance such as you display.

and you still havent checked part p

davee, with respect I think you are being unfair and naive. Breezer and Andrew have been straight with you. You are patently not competant to undertake the task you wish to achieve, as such you should not do it as you could kill yourself, or start a fire and kill your whole family.

The FAN NEEDS A NEUTRAL, some simple electrical devices will operate across the live, however you are NOT qualified to make that judgment call anyway, but I can guarantee that the fan you have will not be one of them.

PLEASE, get help from either a professional or at least an EXPERT friend who does actually know what they are doing.

However as Part P is now a LEGAL document, I would urge you to call an electrician as you will live longer.

Sponsored Links

Post removed

my apologies, i removed your post.

daveee, the boys on here have been trying to help you, you will not listen.
Just do not come here when you kill some one

I am locking this thread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back