wiring of cooker

Sponsored Links
What size cable should i use to connect to the block on the wall behind
The Argos website doesn't give the spec of the cooker - you should check the manufacturer's site.

What size is the cooker circuit cable, and what rating is the fuse/MCB?

and do i need to truck the cable ?
No you can just stick it in the boot of your car and drive it home.

on the specs it says Energy consumption 0.98kWh so would this help in cable selection? and is that i have to do the installation with trunking? just to confirm what i have there is a double pole switch on the wall then lower down another plate where the cooker is wired into.

on the specs it says Energy consumption 0.98kWh so would this help in cable selection?
No. I guess there's a formula they use for working out that figure, where they assume a certain amount of use and average out the consumption over a period of time. It absolutely does not mean that the cooker is a 980W load - you need to find out what the load actually is.

and is that i have to do the installation with trunking?
How do you think you might use trunking for a cable that runs through the air, in a curve, between the wall and the cooker??

just to confirm what i have there is a double pole switch on the wall then lower down another plate where the cooker is wired into.
Neither of which tells us what size the circuit cable is, nor what the rating of the breaker or fuse is...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back