Wiring Texecom Odyssey 1 to ADE Reson8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have to wire up a Texecom Odyssey 1 sounder at the front of the house, and an ADE Reson8 sounder to the back of the house. The panel is an Accenta G4. This work is necessary due to a house move by my friend.

I would like to ask if someone could please cast their eyes over my plans to do this? I ask because there is a microswitch connection on the Odyssey, and I do not know if I am meant to use it when connecting up *any* second sounder, or if it is only to be used when the second sounder is also a Texecom one?

If I do *not* need to use the microswitch connection, then I think I know how to wire them both up as follows:

-----------

Odyssey

C to T in panel

D to Chocbloc

A to D in panel

B to B+ in panel

S to Strobe- in panel

I would connect the tamper feed from the Texecom Odyssey to T in the Accenta panel, and connect the neg bell hold off from the Texecom Odyssey to a chocolate block back in the panel. Then I wire the RTN- from the Reson8 into the other side of the chocolate block.

------------------

If someone could please do let know if I have this right also, I would very much appreciate it.

Gary

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I'd just like to clarify - do you mean yes I have the wiring right, and I do not need to use the microswitch connection?

I can post some images from the Texecom Odyssey manual tonight if it will help.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Gary

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back