wirng a 2 gang, 1 way weather resistant lightswitch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just installed a pond,with a pump and uv filter. however, i've got a 2 gang 1 way light switch to wire them both to at the pond. a feed has come from the shed. how do i wire it please???

Sponsored Links
Where does this feed come from electrically, and what sort of cable is it?

What sort of switch is it? Is it meant to go outside?

I recommend you dont use the switch. UV filters can be damaged if they have no water in them while operating. Something to do with the quartz tube.

the switch is for outside. the cable is three core weather proof that came with both filter and lamp. at the moment the feed is from a plug socket in the shed, but will eventually be wired into the sheds fuse box (by an electrician).

ok. You need 3 flex glands to keep it watertight.

Knock out 3 holes on the sides of the switch enclosure, and fit the glands and tighten onto flex.

Connect the incoming LIVE to COM of both switches, using a small link wire.

Connect the outgoing LIVEs to L1 of each switch.

Connect all the neutrals together in a piece of terminal block

Connect all the earths together in the earth terminal on the backbox, or another piece of terminal block in the absence of a dedicated earth terminal.

Sponsored Links
sounds good, but what are glands, please??? the switch has L and L1 is the L the 'com of both switches'?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back