WMA 12 Door unlocked and cant lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem recently where the machine played up, stopped while full. I managed to restart and empty using spin cycle. Had a look around, door seal was split. Replaced door seal. set 95 degree wash with vinegar to clean as pretty dirty with limescale. Part way through wash the door lock light is flashing, machine has stopped and is full of water, the door can be opened although it is still full of water.

I have tried to apply pressure to the door etc.

Any hints or tips greatefully received. I need to avoid spending money!!

Sponsored Links
Is the spring in the handle loose ie it should be stiff when you squeeze the handle.

Split the door frame and replaced the spring

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I'm away for a couple of days but will do that as soon as i get back and let you know.

on further inspection I dont think the door spring is the issue. i have ordered one to e on the safe side, but took the front panel off to double check the door electrical connection and noticed the coil on the control board is blown, lots of burnt out track on the pcb. I have ordered the replacement board ( at no small cost - £80:00 inc postage).

Any thing else I should inspect before replacing the board, I dont want to blow the second board if the fault is elsewhere.

Yes check the motor brushes they are worn that's wot it causes it to blow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back