Worcester 12/14 won't turn burner off

Sponsored Links
Iceman66: I used to have the same boiler and got quite familiar with it. I still have bits of it on the shelf in the garage. If you are having trouble getting the guy who 'fixed' it back, then as holty mentioned above unplug the flow switch from the main PCB. Knock the power off while you do it though (the flow sensor switches 240V)
The boiler should then switch off when the heatslave hot water store is hot. If you then run a hot tap the boiler will not fire up instantly but it should still kick in when the heatslave temperature drops (i.e. it will work off the hot water thermostat control on the front panel). This should confirm that the flow switch is at fault.
The flow switch is a very simple thing consisting of a plastic paddle which is pushed by the water flow. I have just had a look at my old flow switch and there is nothing stopping it being installed in the wrong orientation. The arrow on the top should point downstream.
I hoarded a lot of parts from my old boiler when I scrapped it in case it's replacement used the same parts but I have no use for them now. You probably don't want a used 10 year old flow switch (I guess they are cheap new) but if you ever need a main PCB, post purge PCB, or even the burner with attached oil pump, motor and control box they could be yours for the cost of postage.

Thia all sounds very odd to me.

You have mentioned a charity for the disabled and wheelchairs!

If anyone who lives there is registered disabled then as I understand it Warmfront will replace a non working boiler completely freee ansd not even means tested.

I dont agree with some of these schemes but it would appear they would apply in your case.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back