Worcester 240 Boiler Cut Out Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 240 Boiler has developed a habit of cutting out. When the red cut out switch is depressed the boiler fires up again and operates normally for another few hours.
The pattern seems to be that it only cuts out when the boiler is lit for a longer period (e.g. later in the evening or at weekends when the central heating has been on for some time).
I had a new Gas Valve fitted a couple of months ago but all seemed well for several weeks until this problem started.
Doubt it's relevant but the combi boiler only serves the cental heating to the house and hot water to utility room and an infrequently used shower room. Main hot water supply is from a gas AGA.
Any ideas as to the cause of the problem would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

Sponsored Links
This red cut out switch, is it on top of the boiler? I pressume it's intermittantly overheating then. If so, there's lots of things it could be. Mucked up system, dodgy pump, boiler stat failed.... What's the system pressure like?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back