WORCESTER 240 CENTRAL HEATING DROPPING OUT AND RE IGNITING.

Hi again,

I am sure the WB engineer was good at his job and I am not getting at him............he done his job properly. MY gripe is that he wasnt worth £210 for a look in my cupboard. I have had to add £210 to my credit card under the impression that I was given by Worcester Bosch that they would send an engineer to come and repair my boiler and that labour and most parts plus vat was covered for the price. This is clearly NOT what happened and now I am worse off than when I started.
I contacted Worcester Bosch to see if they would reduce the cost as clearly they did not do what they said they were going to. The engineer could have been in and out in 5 minutes. No joy there.
I sort of got the feeling that the guy was going to try and find the fault but did not fancy the restricted access to the boiler so got on the phone to his boss about the flue etc. He was obviously advised to to shut it down and move on to the other 4 jobs he still had to do on Friday afternoon.
John.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

I am sure the WB engineer was good at his job and I am not getting at him............he done his job properly. MY gripe is that he wasnt worth £210 for a look in my cupboard.
But he was; he came as and when required, and did exactly what he had to do.
It is a fixed fee job, which means it costs that amount regardlessof the problem. Your boiler was dangerous because it was installed wrong, hence the chap was obliged to turn it off. Installation faults are not classed as a repair, so that was where his job ended.
If you bring a £500 car to the garage for an mot and it turns out it costs £2000 to pass it, you still have to pay the mot fee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back