Worcester 24i junior boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm just looking for some advice regarding a 5 year old worcester 24i boiler. Now the months are getting colder we have just tried turning the central heating on but the pressure gauge rises above the safe level (well above 3) We have tried bleeding the radiators but it hasn't made any difference to pressure. I'm wanting to call the plumber but the worry I have is that the boiler hasn't been installed to manufacturers instructions with regards to the clearance at the top and bottom of the boiler. The boiler was installed by the previous house owner under the kitchen work top. The clearance from the ground is only 14cm and not the recommended 20cm and there is only 1cm clearance from the top of the flue elbow. Will this be an issue to a plumber? I don't want the boiler to be condemned as we can't afford £'000 to pay for a new boiler. I can live without the central heating but not hot water (when running the hot water the pressure does not increase has much as)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm just looking for some advice regarding a 5 year old worcester 24i boiler. Now the months are getting colder we have just tried turning the central heating on but the pressure gauge rises above the safe level (well above 3) We have tried bleeding the radiators but it hasn't made any difference to pressure. I'm wanting to call the plumber but the worry I have is that the boiler hasn't been installed to manufacturers instructions with regards to the clearance at the top and bottom of the boiler. The boiler was installed by the previous house owner under the kitchen work top. The clearance from the ground is only 14cm and not the recommended 20cm and there is only 1cm clearance from the top of the flue elbow. Will this be an issue to a plumber? I don't want the boiler to be condemned as we can't afford £'000 to pay for a new boiler. I can live without the central heating but not hot water (when running the hot water the pressure does not increase has much as)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Expansion vessel needs topping up.
A local guy probably wont worry about the location of the boiler.
Although it is a pretty stupid place to put it if you ask me.
He might need to install an additional expansion vessel as I don't think
he'll be able to get at the existing one with the location you say it is.

Hi, We had a new Worcester greenstar24i junior boiler fitted and have been left no instructions of how to work the rc plus thermostate. We want the heating to come automatically when the house falls below a certain temperature. can any one help :)

Sponsored Links
Agree about needing a pump up!

"Hi, We had a new Worcester greenstar24i junior boiler fitted and have been left no instructions of how to work the rc plus thermostate. We want the heating to come automatically when the house falls below a certain temperature. can any one help icon_smile.gif "

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/worcester-24i-junior-boiler.295552/#2153261#ixzz1bF651Kcp

Is the thermostat already controlling the boiler? Make? Type?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back