Worcester 280 slow to give hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all...new to here and hope some can give some help.

Our Worcester 280 works well on CH and once it gets going works great on HW....but....it can take an age for the hot water to run through....you hear the boiler fire up ok but it can stay cold for ages ....then faintly luke warm then hot and aok....other times though the hot-up time can be much shorter. ....any tips about what needs fixing? Realize I need a local plumber but your tips would help so much since I've lost the reliable plumber I always relied on ......oh....also.....the boiler pressure drops to the extent that we need to give a short top-up every 6 weeks.....it drops from 1.75 to 1.0 in roughly that time....BUT.....wouldn't say that doing a top-up noticeably improves the varying heat up time of the HW....

Thanks all....Tony E3 London

Sponsored Links
It would seem that you have failed to have your boiler regularly serviced.

Having a leak and not getting that fixed allows new oxygen to enter and create rusty sludge which can cause problems.

If you cannot find a local engineer then Worcester will do fixed price repairs for most faults.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i expect you notice the water takes longer in the mornings to get hot , you've got to draw off the cold water within the hot supply first and give the boiler a chance
to deliver that hot water ,then during the day you have used the hot water so delivery times seem quicker with hot water in pipe already to put it simply, and its normal .
hen faintly luke warm then hot and aok

if going cold then hot the cold it can be another problem

Hi AGAS,

iTs not normal - as in it was different for years before now....as in the water from the combi boiler ran hot in seconds when it was working normally.....now, it can take up to 2 mins to go from cold to v luke warm to hot.....its also not dependent on time of day...a combi boiler delivers fast normally

Tony, get the boiler serviced as described in the manual
If your guy cannot follow the instructions and only capable of carrying out safety check, seek another

When running hot water, check the nearest radiator, is one of the pipes into the radiator heating up.

Same fault, field last month.

A plumber might be able to fix your boiler, heating engineer should, but person you need is one who does breakdowns

Hi DP, no hint of the nearest radiator or pipe to it getting hot....all fires up aok, it justs takes a really long time to get luke warm and then hot....up to 2 mins for the bath tap SOMETIMES...always slower than it used to be, but the slowness can vary?

thanks to all for you inputs so far!

as said you need someone to look at it , by sounds of it you MIGHT have two problems going on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back