worcester 28i pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
I haven't had the central heating on over the summer but the hot water has been heating fine. Now when I try to use the central heating it doesn't heat up. I tried pressing the light beside the pilot which flashes and now the hot water won't heat up either. So nothing works now! Pressure gauge reads ok and sounds as if pump is ok too. Boiler was installed Jan 05.

any suggestions?
Joe

Sponsored Links
Firstly your boiler does not have a pilot light, it lights the gas when it wants to.

Try disconnecting the mains supply for three minutes and see if that sorts it out.

I presume you have turned up your room stat to try to get the heating to come on?

If the CH problem continues then there is nothing obvious I can suggest.

Tony

Tony, thanks for the advice. Tried it but the flashing light comes on immediately when the electric is switched back on.

Nothing more I can do?

Thanks again.

Joe

Dont give up!

The Worcesters are fairly reliable boilers and the ones I go to have very obvious faults so I dont spend much time playing with them.

I assimilate boilers when I am in front of them and so I cannot immediately visualise your exact model.

What is the system water pressure? When was it last topped up? If its below 1 bar then top it up to 1.8 bar and see what that does.

Tony

Sponsored Links
read the manual should tell you what the flashing light is about tell you whats problem perhaps and how to correct it

i have a 28si i had same sort of problem read the manual it told me prob think i had to reset it a while ago but it worked after read manual if its like my boiler theres a sequence to the flashes good luck

On some of these darned Worcester boards, remove and reconnect the circuit board connectors, and it gets better... Have had a couple with exactly the fault you have.

Next thing would be to check the temperature sensors are within range - needs an Ohm meter.

Then wiring loom (hard to check 100%) then pcb I think.

There is a Worcester model with two pumps and according to the manual a flashing light is a fan/aps failure.

Well it is, BUT it is ALSO a low system pressure warning! but they dont bother to tell you that!

Gets worse, try to get a replacement low pressure switch and the ( revised ) part only costs £3.61

When you investigate further the "revised" part is a cap as they evidently dont think the LP switch was a good idea after all.

Who thinks Worcester are any better than any other boiler?

Tony

Any boiler EXCEPT Sonya Duval !

Even a Trisave or a Gem if needs be !!!

Tony

i thought gem was a type of lettuce lol sorry ask me a ? about horticulture and im your man lol . mind you i do do some diy . so what are ideal boilers like ?????? as friend has one

Tony, I thought Worcester were pretty good boilers, until I 'popped' around one Friday afternoon to change the pressure vessel on a 28CDi. Not so happy 3 hours later with no spare washer set. Think I made one washer out of cardboard and LSX! Still, lesson learn't. Not too bad of boilers when all is considered.

Suffolklad, Ideal boilers appear to be designed inside by skilled engineers, good combustion and components. Then the case has always traditionally been designed by a baboon [no offence].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back