worcester 9.24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to replace the pressure vessel and the water diverting valve in my boiler

Is it just a case of isolating the water , draining a little, remove and refit both parts , top up again ?

Or is it more involved than what i see

Sponsored Links
diverter is easy.dont forget to use silicone grease.cant remember where expansion vessel is. if awkard fit it externally.

dont isolate the boiler with the isolation valves underneath, they always leak afterwards.

Sponsored Links
expansion is in the bottom with easy access.

is the car wheel type valve thing on the side of it for anything ?

theres pushfit type connections on the diverter with rubber o ring seals.silicone grease them.

cheer m8.

will get it done tomorrow.

whats the easiest way to bleed the air again after refiiling the boiler ?

fitz1 said:
bleed rads downstairs first, then upstairs. boiler will vent itself.

Do you want to chance it?, bung a new auto air vent on whilst its empty...cheap as chips.

I love the optimism, and will watch out for the panic postings tomorrow. Well I would if I wasn't too busy up a roof trying to figure out why a fire spills.

this boiler has an automatic vent as standard
Er, yer, we are aware of that.
Also aware that yours is likely to leak, which is why you were advised to change it.

Sounds like you're aiming to do this job without the Mfrs Instructions. :eek: :eek:

just found the book that came with the boiler :D

Cant get an expansion vessel local until next week though :(

is there any good websites where i may het one next day delivery ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back