Worcester Bosch 24 cdi rsf - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler, which was installed in October 2000 (before I bought the house). It is now refusing to heat the water at all. There are no flashing lights to indicate where the problem might be. The central heating works fine, the pressure is ok (about 2 bar). When I turn on a hot tap, I get a bit of warm water (probably what was left in the pipe) and then it runs cold. The water light does not come on on the boiler at all.

Any ideas? I'm desperate for a bath and sick of boiling the kettle to do the dishes! Thanks folks :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev. Don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I have absolutely no knowledge of plumbing! Is it something I could look for myself (being a woman with a reasonably logical brain!)? I did find an invoice from when the boiler was about 10 months old showing that the "sticking boiler needed cleaning out" or something like that. Do you think I need to get a man in and will it cost a fortune?

Sponsored Links
I've just downloaded the servicing manual from the WB website, and it looks like it's beyond me. Having followed the troubleshooting guide, it looks like it could be the diverter valve. (not that I doubted you, of course!) I could probably cope with cleaning out a filter, but when it comes to fiddling with microswitches and stuff, I'll leave it to the experts! If only I'd gone into plumbing instead of IT technical support... (that's where the logical brain comes from)

Thanks for your help :D

It does sound like a diverter valve fault if the demand light does not come on when you run the hot tap, if you do it your self replace the "o" rings provided .

I've had the front off, but because the boiler is in a cupboard (with the required clearance!) I wasn't able to get the lower front panel low enough to be able to get to the diverter valve or the micro-switch assembly, so I'm gonna have to call in the pros. At least now I have an idea of what the problem is, hopefully I won't get ripped off!

Thanks for all your advice, and I hope you have a happy new year. With any luck I'll be able to have a soak in the bath within a couple of days!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back