worcester bosch 28cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,happy new year can any body help?my worcester bosh 28cdi hot water has stopt working red light dose not light up when h/w tap is turned on c/h works fine warm water from h/w tape when heating is on so can use shower any help appreciated...
Richie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's behind the plate heat exchanger at the R/h side. :LOL:
how do u check if it is faulty i have pressed the switch at the back of the diaphram(i think??) and the hot water come on dose this mean the diaphram is knackered....thank terry.

Open a hot tap and check that the plunger is depessing the micro switch.
If not the diaphragm is cream crackered!

Open a hot tap and check that the plunger is depessing the micro switch.
If not the diaphragm is cream crackered!
thanks terry tried that and the plunger is not moving enough to make the micro switch is it a big job in other words exspensive...richie

I consider it to be one of the worst jobs I do.

Definatately worth a fixed price repair from BG.

The parts are not (too) expensive, but the location on this boiler is tricky. Also it is a "wet" job :) Sometimes you can adjust the microswitch position so that it operates again, but chances are if it has stopped working that the diaphragm is failing or has completely failed.

By the time you have stripped every thing out to get to it, You may as well change the complete valve.

i've never changed one - is it fiddly changing the whole valve? or just 5 compression fittings or other?

i've never changed one - is it fiddly changing the whole valve? or just 5 compression fittings or other?

Drain boiler And h&c supplies.
Remove filling loop,Plate heat exchanger by pass Etc.
Remove valve and manifold.
Replace seals and o rings.
Reassemble in reverse order.
Usually fitted in some corner or awkward space that makes it a TOTAL Barsteward.

If you have hands like a tart it may be easier.
Unfortunately mine are not.

And when you reassemble it throw a bucket of silicone grease at every O ring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back