worcester bosch 28cdi

And when you reassemble it throw a bucket of silicone grease at every O ring.

especially the cold water inlet!!! gets me every other time!!

takes between 45 minutes and 3 bloody hours to change the whole valve. i never change diaphragms as there is always other issues!! leaking/ corroded spindles etc.

Sponsored Links
And when you reassemble it throw a bucket of silicone grease at every O ring.

especially the cold water inlet!!! gets me every other time!!

takes between 45 minutes and 3 bloody hours to change the whole valve. i never change diaphragms as there is always other issues!! leaking/ corroded spindles etc.

i find the exact opposite. the less you take apart the less there is to go wrong. it's only worth changing the entire valve if it's actually leaking or there are signs it has been.

Hi,happy new year can any body help?my worcester bosh 28cdi hot water has stopt working red light dose not light up when h/w tap is turned on c/h works fine warm water from h/w tape when heating is on so can use shower any help appreciated...
Richie

Thought you were that little old lady i have to go back to tomorrow...until I saw you were in Cheshire. Anyway it's the diverter valve, I am fitting a service kit which is by far a cheaper option, either way the valve has to come out so the Flow valve 'o' ring will be needed too...trust me, it will leak

valve does not need to come out to fit diaphragm.

Sponsored Links
i do these in about 45 mins. hope this helps:

i change the whole valve. drain off and remove plate h/ex definitely remove/replace h/w o rings etc. the manifold which holds the bypass on the left hand side..don't remove bypass tube, just loosen off 4 screws. don't remove the cold o ring in the manifold just grease it up. works a treat!

Well good luck to you mate if you can do it in situ on a 28cdi, I'd be grateful for ideas to circumvent the dhw fitting

it's the only way to do it without messing with the left side manifold.

which dhw fitting? the kit i use comes with more o-rings than i ever use.

Well good luck to you mate if you can do it in situ on a 28cdi, I'd be grateful for ideas to circumvent the dhw fitting

Right, done one today which was planned the other day when I first commented, in the past we have had the plastic elbows break (brittle) and anyway, it seems easier to take it all out and replace the 'o' rings as you must do with worcesters. I just couldn't see how you would fit a service kit without taking the valve out of the boiler which is what you said. As already stated those manifolds do break. anyway, the real issue is the diverter valve or service kit is needed, thanks for the feedback anyway nick

Right, done one today which was planned the other day when I first commented, in the past we have had the plastic elbows break (brittle) and anyway, it seems easier to take it all out and replace the 'o' rings as you must do with worcesters. I just couldn't see how you would fit a service kit without taking the valve out of the boiler which is what you said. As already stated those manifolds do break. anyway, the real issue is the diverter valve or service kit is needed, thanks for the feedback anyway nick

so what are you saying? :confused: today you did it my sensible way or just the hard way again?

i don't replace all the o-rings, why replace what you haven't touched? do you mean the spindle rings? if so, sod that. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back