worcester bosch greenstar 24i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP :( .....hello everybody, i have a WB GREENSTAR 24i JUNIOR, the CH is working but the DHW comes on and fires for about 30 seconds and then goes cold. i have looked at the diverter valve and that operates as it should i.e. when CH is demanded the valve goes down and when i turn on the hot tap it rises. i looked at a pdf installation and commissioning manual which has a flowchart, it looks to me that the boiler is in a failsafe mode in that the water temperature maybe too high which results in the boiler shutting down for safety. although i don't have a thermometer my hand tells me that the water is somewhat higher than the preset 55 degrees. i know the temperature is factory set so what can i do? i think i have included all the information in this post so can anyone please help? Rog

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sensors extremely rare on worcesters to go wrong. Turn your heating off, turn hot tap on, does the flow get hot ( left hand 22mm pipe)to the central heating?
Do you get any flashing lights on boiler?
Is it still in warranty?

Press the lower left hand button and hold for 10secs till it lights, turn ch control to max, what happens?

yes the flow gets hot, no flashing light and unfortunately its no longer in warranty :( however it might be my imagination but the hot water seemed to stay hot for longer

ok, anyone who is reading, after speaking to a worcester bosch technician he assured me that i need to replace the DHW heat exchanger as the problem is caused by DHW overheat and the situation im experiencing is a failsafe. this makes sense so we have now purchased a new one. he said it is fairly straightforward to replace but i would welcome any advice in doing it. pleeeeeeeease

He has sold you a part!

I am surprised that you are so easily "assured" of whats wrong.

Well replace it and if its not solved then ask for further advice.

It might well be blocked but they can easily be cleaned out without needing to buy a new one!

Tony

The first one has blocked fairly quickly, so clean it out(strong kettle descaler, or search the forum) and keep it for next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back