Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Permanent Lockout

with the cost of oil your better off replacing the whole line in one using 10mm copper. Replace the isolating valve by the tank. Fit a new filter by the tank a fire valve outside before the line comes into the house and a isolating valve before the flex into the burner oil pump. Last thing you want is to lose all your oil while your not there due to poor pipe work or fittings. Dont use soldered fittings. Should get change from £50.

Sponsored Links
OK I'll try to get round to that, i.e. send a photo.

For the meantime I have managed to loosen the supply pipe inside the boiler, have drawn off 3L of oil, some of it containing water and muck. It seems clear now but with several attempts to re-commission (pressing the button) I am still locked out. I wonder if the boiler is now clogged with some dirt but in the past I have always got it going again after running out.

Using electrical tape on the threads of the shut off valve allowed me to turn the internal valve in such a way as to shut off the supply to the boiler but it has made no difference, oil is flowing freely...

Thankfully I have been able to use the woodburners occasionally and today I was forced to put on a thermal vest.

Any thoughts as to a possible internal blockage arising from the fuel delivery within the boiler components itself?

Sorry for the delay but I've not had time to address this and have had to simply wear outside clothes inside as necessary or cut wood as time allowed.

Sorry Kingfisher3 I missed your post it being on the next page. I agree the entire supply needs replacing but have my hands full with so many other things requiring priority.

Clean oil is now getting to the boiler but I remain locked out. I could happily consider some supply upgrades next time I am due a delivery which should be around autumn if I get this working.

Ongoing problem seems to be why am I still locked out having now got a clean supply to the boiler?

So far we know nothing about your boiler, except that it is broken.

Try running it. When it locks out, turn off the electric supply and remove the burner. Is the nozzle wet?

Sponsored Links
I have had a look and believe the burner to be all one unit removed by two allan bolts at 11 and 12 oclock and one on bottom left hand side which appears to hold a flipper shaped component which I assume shifts to allow the burner unit to be withdrawn.

It appears to me the oil first enters a pump/filter? (Danfoss and is only a few months old). The oil then passes to the burner via a very narrow pipe. This enters the burner unit to the right of an electrical connection which I assume provides ignition?

Am I right so far? I take it the burner/ pump/ electrical units (reset etc.) come out as one unit via these three bolts?

(Have never worked on a boiler before).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back