worcester junior 28i problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,

about 5 months ago i was having a problem with my presure valve which i bypassed and all was fine,

so I haven't used the central heating at all over summer but hot water has been fine, then last week I started using the heating and I get a fast flashing light after about 20 mins, so i did a quick check online and read that I should check for air in the rads, so i bled the rads and their was quite a bit of air in them,

so i tested the heating again, now what happens is the presure rises to 2.5 and after about 15 mins the red pilot light goes out then relights, does this about 10 times then just goes off, some times there is the fast flashing warning light and sometimes theres no warning light,

I turn the boiler of and back on and the heating just doesn't come on (no warning light)
if i leave it for 30 mins or so then I am back to square one
the hot water will now only work for about 15 mins

any ideas

Sponsored Links
Its a little difficult to come to any conclusion as to the problem.

You dont say it, but I presume you have repressurised the system to about 1.5 Bar after bleeding the rads.......................................

I would be considering the CH temperature sensor which may be failing when it gets hot.

Tony

Hi tony

thanks for the quick reply

I did repressurise the system but only to 1.0 which i thought was the correct pressure, ive now topped it up to 1.5 will test it shortly and let you know,

if it is the CH temperature sensor how much will it cost to fix replace this?

The part will be about £18 but there is no point in replacing it unless you know thats the fault.

To come and diagnose the fault in our local area we would charge about £84.

Sponsored Links
They are probably about £150 but it may not be the PCB.

Tony

just to let you know it was the pcb, had an heating engineer out to replace it, its working fine now

And there's me thinking it was the space time continueum, and all along it was the PCB, (Pretty Crap Board)..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back