Worst Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I get to see a lot of boilers that are broken / faulty and in the last 6 months I have seen my share of the same old boilers that keep cropping up.

Rogues gallery is :

Heatline
Biasi
Ideal Icos & Isar
Ferrolli Optimax.

Whenever I hear that their existing boiler is playing up I know exactly what to expect! :LOL:

Any others to add to the list?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
also missed, Hermann, Ariston. (but not lamented) Certain Baxi's (bahama, 130 HE, for example), Johnson Starley, Potty Suprima, Range Powermax, Ideal M series (actually nice little earners - can I say that outside of the CC?)

DH

Potty Suprima, Range Powermax

Oi you - been there and got those.

:p

Doesn't the M series come under Biasi.

What about the Minimiser and Mexico HE?

Fook it - Keston and Ideal should just win the award hands down as they seem to have actively promoted being crap to a whole new level.

Ferroli should get the runners up prize along with the bonus prize of being prize koonts. (Can I say that outside the CC?) :LOL:

Swapped a Ravenheap (which had died) combi for a cust today....

He's selling his house .....

so what does he replace it with?

Another Ravenheap :evil:

I have never seen anything like it in my life.

Given the libel laws, make of that what you like ;)

Fair play to the chap. He is selling his house afterall! Not many potential buyers are going to know whats good and bad. Prob added a bit of value because he can now say it has brand new condensing boiler! I would have put a heatline in myself, they're a bit cheaper ;)

My niece has just bought a flat and ended up with a Biasi Riva.

Poor lass has jut had a baby.

I had to break the news to her gently.

"Start saving" I said. :LOL:

Yes it was dead. Thankfully just needed the pressure topping up.

Fair play to the chap. He is selling his house afterall! Not many potential buyers are going to know whats good and bad. Prob added a bit of value because he can now say it has brand new condensing boiler! I would have put a heatline in myself, they're a bit cheaper ;)

I know, but guess who's phone will go when it self destructs?

I don't know why you guys are complaining about Biasi boiler!

Properly installed they are one of the most reliable boiler on the market.

But they suffer from the same problem as any cheaper nit, the owner does not want to pay to have them properly fitted.

Tony

Serviced a potty Suprima three months ago for someone who was selling her house.

Phone goes 9.30 last night ....

"We've just moved into3 Acacia Gardens, and the boiler's packed up"

Went and had a look tonight, and the fan has died.

"Wouldn't you have seen that when you serviced it?"

:rolleyes:

Bless

I don't know why you guys are complaining about Biasi boiler!

Properly installed they are one of the most reliable boiler on the market.

But they suffer from the same problem as any cheaper nit, the owner does not want to pay to have them properly fitted.

Tony

Apart from the stooooopid combustion chamber covers.

The CC cover on the M90 and M96 are perhaps not the nicest but they do give proper access to the inside unlike the Ideal models which have welded on sides and so no access at all from the sides!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back