Would you be happy with this tiling?

Sponsored Links
you want to borrow a calculator that works? I've got a big-button one here somewhere ;)

Sponsored Links
Maybe I should have been an AT, then money would be no object..

Maybe I should have been an AT, then money would be no object..
Tis true, I just worked out my bathroom, fully tiled bathroom it has 4.4m2 of tiling that could potentially get wet from the shower and the rest of the tiled walls are 6.9m2. So 11.3m2 in total oh yes I live in a Palace too!

60m2! You pillock! :rolleyes:

If it's tiling on plasterboard it's pretty rough, but if it isn't, and the wall is out of true then that will throw out the tile geometry somewhat. Put a straight edge across it and see if it has humps and hollows.
Exactly what I was going to say - it looks like a crap job but if the wall underneath is all over the place it's not going to make it easier.

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies everyone, sorry if I sounded a bit off when I replied previously but I was very angry that night after seeing it, when you stand back at it and look at it as a hole he has done an OK job, all the tiles are flat and none are sticking out, he has redone some of the tiles and fixed the major issues, the issues with the tiles not lining up he said about them not being the same size which it does look like it, im not sure what he is meant to do about this but he has assured me once grouted will look fine and my brother seems to think so also.

He said he is a qualified tiler and has been for 10 years, he did all the tiling at the showroom I was looking at which is one of the biggest in the area and all the tiling there looked great.

The entire room was replastered after I knocked the 2 rooms into one, the plasterer asked if I wanted the walls straightened as well and I paid him to straighten them where I was getting them tiled but apparently has not done a very good job at it and it seems the edges of the window frame sit out further than the rest of the wall so it was very difficult for the tiler to keep the tiles level although he has done a very good job at this as they all look flat.

Cheers
David

dont think its a tiling term,but he means regularized,some are smaller and some are bigger.
used to be a nightmare in stud 4x2 timbers yonks back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back