wrap or replace exhaust?

Softus said:
In that case you have a revolutionary new type of exhaust that can have a hole in it and yet not leak. :rolleyes:

No not really, there is a hole in the front for waste gasses to go in and one at the back to let it all out!
You can also have holes that have not made it all the way through the exhaust. Prudence may say repair /replace the exhaust at that point.

mrgtv said:
*If* it was leaking, then that *may* come under the category of excessive wear.

Softus said:
Contrived nonsense. Holes in exhausts systems are caused by corrosion, not wear.

Again, you are ill informed, thermal cracking is common - as is damage due to impact (grounding) to name but two causes of holes in exhausts.

mrgtv said:
I also said, "anything that looks like a bodge" is not a fail as long as it passes so I believe you're agreeing with me.
Softus said:
You may believe so if you wish.

So are you, or are you not, saying that a bodged repair on an exhaust that does not leak is a fail?

Sponsored Links
ico_gayfight.gif

mrgtv said:
...there is a hole in the front for waste gasses to go in and one at the back to let it all out!
I'm starting to get the impression that you're not taking this seriously.

You can also have holes that have not made it all the way through the exhaust.
What, if I may politely enquire, was the point of you mentioning a "hole" that didn't fail the test, that did not pass all the through, and that did not cause any gases to leak?

That question was, of course, rhetorical, because it's now clear that you mentioning a hole had no purpose or meaning, and has added no value to the subject being discussed.

Reply if you so wish, but I've no further interest in your posts on this topic.

Sponsored Links
a car cannot fail an mot if the exhaust is not leaking,
use anything from coke cans to bean tins at mot time, remember
the exhaust has to exit from the rear or the side of the car to stop
the gases entering the cabin..

Back