Xmas Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 sets of LED lights on the front of the house. Each set has its own adaptor. However one adaptor has gone faulty. I was wondering could I wire both sets up to the one adaptor?

The adaptor has the following written on it;-

Model : YMAA 240/450
Input 240V 50Hz
Output 24V AC 450Ma

The light label says;-

Max power 10.8W

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Oops I missed that :oops:

10.8W / 24V = 0.45A = 450mA

The transformer will only be able to power one set of lights.

Sponsored Links
AAAAAAA ...... No

You will need a 24v transformer rated at 1Amp (0.9A) minimum

Edit: Sorry completely missed the previous post :oops:

OK Thanks guys

Will need to get myself a new adaptor then either a 24V/450 or combine and use 24V/900 it seems

Cheers

Yes that's right. What's the connector on the end of the xmas lights like? If you get the right transformer it'll just be plug and play and saves a load of faffing about.

Its the usual round connector with a hole in the middle - not sure what its called :)

Will take a look on ebay

If you are willing to pay postage I'll send you one. Wouldnt be able to make it to the post office while thursday though

Adam

Thats great - how much incl first class post? Do you have a paypal account if so message me your details.

Cheers

Looking at royal mails website, £2.70 for first class letter post as a "packet"

I assume youve checked the second set of lights using your working transformer :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back