Yale 6300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just finished setting up this system and after configuring the alarm for "confirm siren off" and tamper off to mount it on the outside wall it seems to me that when I arm it the little lights do not work.

I have tried a forced alarm activation but I didn't go outside so I think the noise was from the control panel?

In attached devices the siren is not listed but I am not sure it should be?

regards

Allan

Sponsored Links
You need confirm siren on and then the lights will flash when the countdown timer reaches the end. They only flash once when the system finally sets after the countdown.

Why didn't you go outside to check if the siren was working??

No the siren does not appear in the devices list.

set it off and go out and check

Thank you,

I didn't go outside because i asked the wife to do so, except outside means looking out of the windows :(

I will set the alarm off and wander outside and as long as I hear it and see some blue lights I am good go, correct?

I did turn the Siren disable back to enable and all tamper back on.

I did have an issue with the DC so deleted and re learned it due to I have 2 but only needed one so the tamper alarm was active.

that is sorted now.

Many thanks if it still is not working I will reply back.

PS: First poster / registrant but very long time lurker :)

The siren cover is blue but what you will actually see flashing will be RED leds. The reason here is that blue leds use more power and since the siren is battery powered red leds were chosen.

Yep set off the alarm and go outside to make sure its working and also that it stops when you disarm the system too.

Sponsored Links
Hi mdf290,

Many thanks and i shall do it later and post back. :)

If you set the alarm with countdown and stand outside you will see the red lights ripple at the end of the countdown, when the panel bleeps.

This will annoy your neighbours less than setting off the siren.

False alarms will train your neighbours to ignore it.

If you need to tinker, bring the siren into the house, wrap it in cushions, and put it in a cupboard.

Hi Guys,

I checked it last night in the dark by setting it and waiting outside to see if the red lights flickered and they did.

So i guess all is well, many thanks for the help and advice you gave me.

Regards

Allan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back