YALE 6400 PIR question

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you are right that client had two false alarms while on holiday alarms but then of course you knew that didn't you?

Hey Walter, stop making it up as you go along.
Remember, you're the man who came on here and stated you use plug in psu's for the control panel. Then go onto say you always fit a spur - oh, and i like the suggstion that you are a competent person on the electrics. Self certified competency, i like it.

Slags of graded systems but is on record stating he would love to fit them.

Sponsored Links
I had a client who had a telephone call half way up a chair lift in France from his 6400 alarm. The activation was caused because he had temporaily taken down a pir sensor to have a shower extended.
What an amazing coincidence.
This not look familiar?

I had a customer who wanted his whole house alarmed and his garage covering too as he was worried about someone stealing his mountain bikes. I fitted a telecommunicating alarm.
He was half way up a ski slope in the French Alps in a chairlift when he received a call on his mobile from his alarm telling him he was being burgled.
He called his next door neighbour who went round to find the gardener had gone into the garage to fasten the hose pipe on and had set the alarm off.

You know you are right that client had two false alarms while on holiday alarms but then of course you knew that didn't you?

yo man who knows nothing - dont ignore the question

"can you name any G3 radio equipment"? and "why cant you free stand a graded radio device"?

come on, dont be shy at showing your ignorance

I thought you were intelligent. You can't free stand kit because if it moves, gets knocked, is blown by wind , earthquake or just falls over it will false alarm.
You are showing your ignorance by assuming I had instructed a client to free stand the sensor. I did nothing of the sort. I was just explaining how a badly placed sensor can be affected by direct light. It was the only actual anecdote I could give because I never nyself place sensors where direct light could hit them.

When you have quite finished going through my post with a fine toothcomb to find any little thing you can to discredit me I notice that you didn't actually find anything wrong with my reasoning re the OP's false alarms or how they can be caused ie 99.9% of my post other than the bit where you thought I had proved I was wrong when in fact it was a client who had wrongly and ignorantly (if you want to use such offensive terminology) moved the sensor just proving my point.

Hey Walter, stop making it up as you go along.
Remember, you're the man who came on here and stated you use plug in psu's for the control panel. Then go onto say you always fit a spur - oh, and i like the suggstion that you are a competent person on the electrics. Self certified competency, i like it.

Slags of graded systems but is on record stating he would love to fit them.

You know something youtalkindecrap you really make me chuckle. So keen are you to try and tie me up in knots you don't even consider the posibilities for my actions.

When I remove an old alarm and replace it with a YALE. I have to disconnect the old alarm first. . . from the fused spur if fitted....
I then run from this fused spur a 3 pin socket for the Yale alarms PSU.

But then you didn't ask me did you. You also know than it is outside Part P and building regs to run a socket from an existing circuit as long as its not in a regulated location , (kitchen , Bathroom etc). When I have come accross situations where there is no suitable socket and one cannot be taken from a fused spur . Or a fused spur couldn't be added to a ring main without chasing the walls and so on then I ask the client to get an electrician in first. I know a guy who can do this for me (fully part P).

You really need to get out more...

Oh and by the way did you actually have anything to contribute to this thread for the OP , no wonder he was wary about posting about YALE systems. and you think ADT would like to sue me. I think Yale would like a few of your asses the way you keep describing it as tat etc.

Oh and don't apologise for fitting yale.

When you first joined up and started singing the praises of Yale wireless alarms I thought, why is this poor guy getting picked on by the other members on here for stating his own opinions, when we are all supposed to be on the same team.

However, there have been several posts recently (since you joined) where people hadn't even said hello or joined in on the other DIY topics. Their first post was something Yale related and then surprise surprise along comes Fastalarms to the rescue with some response far larger and infinitely more boring than some novels.

Can a mod trace the IP address of Fastalarms and a few of these "new users" to see if they correspond?

As this is getting beyond a joke, it's too much of a coincidence for this to happen as often as it has been. Are you getting paid commission from Yale to advertise their products on here or something Fastalarms?

Your suggestion that I have multiple id's on this forum is laughable in the extreme. I only respond genuinely to complete strangers questions. The reason people are coming on here to ask questions is because DIYnot comes up in the first page of google when yale topics are googled. Hence people with questions thinking they can get an answer on here join up and start a thread.
You are quite correct I am picked on in here when simply trying to give FREE diy advice.

Sponsored Links
Or a fused spur couldn't be added to a ring main without chasing the walls and so on then I ask the client to get an electrician in first. I know a guy who can do this for me (fully part P).
And he evades answering yet again - so from your response we shall assume you are not a competent person contrary to your previous claim!

Still awaiting your answer on Graded systems.
Remember, you are the one who said he wanted to fit them.

Or a fused spur couldn't be added to a ring main without chasing the walls and so on then I ask the client to get an electrician in first. I know a guy who can do this for me (fully part P).
And he evades answering yet again - so from your response we shall assume you are not a competent person contrary to your previous claim!

Still awaiting your answer on Graded systems.
Remember, you are the one who said he wanted to fit them.

Do I have to hammer the answer into your head with a mallet before you geddit?

I am not Part P , however I am competent by experience to do the NON part p notifiable work I do..ie running a socket from an existing circuit.

I am not Part P , however I am competent by experience to do the NON part p notifiable work I do..ie running a socket from an existing circuit.
So, you ain't qualified, you ain't competent - other than your own self praise.
AND you charge for professional services.

Nice one. And you have the temerity to call accredited companies cowboys.
And don't forget to tell your customers will you.

Your suggestion that I have multiple id's on this forum is laughable in the extreme.

It remains to be proven otherwise.

The reason people are coming on here to ask questions is because DIYnot comes up in the first page of google when yale topics are googled.

It probably does now because you have dug up loads of random wireless threads from the past that are non Yale related and made them Yale related for no other reason than to advertise your own services. As many of the OP's wasn't even considering Yale alarms and had also solved the problem long ago.

Your suggestion that I have multiple id's on this forum is laughable in the extreme.

It remains to be proven otherwise.

The reason people are coming on here to ask questions is because DIYnot comes up in the first page of google when yale topics are googled.

It probably does now because you have dug up loads of random wireless threads from the past that are non Yale related and made them Yale related for no other reason than to advertise your own services. As many of the OP's wasn't even considering Yale alarms and had also solved the problem long ago.

I post comments if they are relevant. Many of the older threads didn't have a satisfactory answer.
All the threads wether old or new can be searched for so its relevant that the information on them is correct.

As for your accusation that I am using multiple ids on this forum.
I hope you have a good lawyer as that is libel.

Insults aren't libelous however so why don't you just STFU

So, you ain't qualified, you ain't competent - other than your own self praise.
AND you charge for professional services.

Nice one. And you have the temerity to call accredited companies cowboys.
And don't forget to tell your customers will you.

What do you NOT understand?
I am providing a genuine service without breaking the law or without performing any tasks I am not qualified to do.
My charges are stated and I am fully public liability insured.
I have a 100% customer satisfaction record and not one client has asked for a refund under my full money back guarantee offer.
I do not have the qualifications you keep harping on about because they are NOT necessary either legally or professionally.
Do you have a HGV licence to drive your car? No... why? Can you work that one out?
If I was doing work requiring Part P or even Part P defined scope I would do the course. However I don't need to do that to add a socket unless it was outside or in a kitchen or bathroom. Guess how many of my clients have specified an alarm control panel outside or in a bathroom? NONE . . not one , zero zilch!!! If they want one in a kitchen then I use an existing socket , If they want one understairs or where an existing control panel has been then I run a socket from the existing spur.
So that makes PART P totally irrelevant to me so you can keep banging on all you like about it as it makes not ONE bit of difference to my work.
Jeez you like to get anally retentive don't you?

Wake up and smell the coffee. People all over this country are fitting their own alarms and if they can't do it I will do it for them.

You know I used to be in woodworking. Big factory lots of work and then chinese imports totally screwed us.
There may be a wind of change in the alarm business . . I know a product in the pipeline that could see all installers twiddling their thumbs wondering where all their work went so instead of looking to trip me up every second why don't you actually pay more attention to what I am actually doing.

I post comments if they are relevant. Many of the older threads didn't have a satisfactory answer.

No, they obviously had a satisfactory answer as they were old, otherwise they would still be active! Do you really think people would still be putting up with false alarms all these years? Or even that they are checking back each day to see if any further information has been added?

It's not an accusation, it's an opinion and I am entitled to voice it on a publicly accessible forum, whether you choose to read into it or not is another matter. Falsely impersonating other people on the other hand is libel. Stop embarrassing yourself by wasting peoples time and internet bandwidth, you are clearly a waste of space, as I have yet to see any positive contributions from you on this forum, all you have managed to do so far is antagonise people and stir up trouble.

Maybe insults aren't libellous, but they do show your immaturity! Grow up, I'm not lowering myself down to your level.

No, they obviously had a satisfactory answer as they were old, otherwise they would still be active! Do you really think people would still be putting up with false alarms all these years? Or even that they are checking back each day to see if any further information has been added?

It's not an accusation, it's an opinion and I am entitled to voice it on a publicly accessible forum, whether you choose to read into it or not is another matter. Falsely impersonating other people on the other hand is libel. Stop embarrassing yourself by wasting peoples time and internet bandwidth, you are clearly a waste of space, as I have yet to see any positive contributions from you on this forum, all you have managed to do so far is antagonise people and stir up trouble.

Maybe insults aren't libellous, but they do show your immaturity! Grow up, I'm not lowering myself down to your level.

So why instead of just looking at my answers and seeing them for what they are , genuine help . Do you insist on joining in with others to discredit me.
Do you have any proof that I am using multiple id's and making up threads?
No . therefore your opinion is not actually just personal and allowed it is LIBEL.. do some more learning.
If I were to (which I am not) use multiple id's on here it would NOT be libel it would be a breach of forum rules that is all. It would not be a criminal or legal offence unless I used that to deliberately mislead someone and then the offence would be deception.
However since I am not using multiple forum id's your comments stand not simply as opinions but as libel.
However I won't be chasing you for money as I don't like to pick on the weak.

All my contributions on the DO IT YOURSELF forum are worthwhile however there is a hardcore of idiots on here that jump on anyone immediately at the mention of the word YALE!

I will wager £1000 right here and now that I have personally installed more Yale alarms than any of the usual muppets who criticise me on here.

So come on where is your money?

As for the general opinion from the whingers on this board that Yale are tat and rubbish.

You really do not have a clue.

I have installed hundreds and right now out there are hundreds of systems in daily use every day and every night. ALL with my parts and labour warranty covering them . There are the best part of 1000 pir sensors all working every day etc etc so how many times do you think I have to get up every night to go and sort someones system out?

The answer is NEVER.
When installed correctly a YALE system is perfectly able to do the job it was designed to do. Yale do not attempt to fool the public or breach the sale of goods act when they sell the alarms.

And since I have installed MORE Yale alarms than any of the whingers on here that makes ME THE EXPERT.

So keep your uneducated half baked libelous responses to yourself and then people like the Original poster won't have to come onto this
DO IT YOURSELF forum and apologise to the rest of you muppets for mentioning the word Yale... as if by installing one they have commited some sort of crime.

To the original poster I hope my advice to your original question was appreciated. I can understand why you haven't posted again on this thread but as you can see one mention of the word Yale brings all the worms out of the can.

I am surprised it hasn't been locked already.

Why not delete all the cr@p and leave the sensible replies that are helpful.

That would be my first reply then as none of the usual croneys added anything at all to the OPs request.
There are just a hardcore of trolls that follow me around looking for trouble.

What do you NOT understand?
I am providing a genuine service without breaking the law or without performing any tasks I am not qualified to do.
My charges are stated and I am fully public liability insured.
I have a 100% customer satisfaction record and not one client has asked for a refund under my full money back guarantee offer.
I do not have the qualifications you keep harping on about because they are NOT necessary either legally or professionally.
Do you have a HGV licence to drive your car? No... why? Can you work that one out?
If I was doing work requiring Part P or even Part P defined scope I would do the course. However I don't need to do that to add a socket unless it was outside or in a kitchen or bathroom. Guess how many of my clients have specified an alarm control panel outside or in a bathroom? NONE . . not one , zero zilch!!! If they want one in a kitchen then I use an existing socket , If they want one understairs or where an existing control panel has been then I run a socket from the existing spur.
So that makes PART P totally irrelevant to me so you can keep banging on all you like about it as it makes not ONE bit of difference to my work.
Jeez you like to get anally retentive don't you?

Putting to one side the non sequiturs that keep getting thrown in and skipping over the views held on the various systems, i read it as working on electrics per se. What the householder does to their property is their business. Being paid for services rendered puts a different twist on it.

Part P is but one aspect. Working on electrics without evidence of competency is at least foolhardy, doing so whilst being paid for said work could be argued to be contrary to the EAW regs. This covers work on domestics too.

Whilst the competency is issue is not defined in black and white terms i would argue it is a bit of a leap of faith to say it is not relevant.

The insurance company will certainly have a view if payout demanded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back