Yale hsa6200 problems

interesting that there is now a suspected (but not proved) case of jamming, with an assumed (but not known) switched-off detection.
The log of the 433 MHz off air monitor clearly indicates the use of a jamming device at the time of the burglary and at other times before the burglary.
This monitor is about a mile from the burgled property, has a high gain receiving aerial and is part of a security system which uses two way 433 MHz wireless linked sensors on various mobile assets which cannot be hard wired.

It is a logical assumption that jamming detection had been disabled as the siren did not sound while the jamming signal was being received at the monitoring station.

Sponsored Links
as you say, an assumption.
Can you suggest another logical reason for the siren not sounding during the break in given that the wireless channel was occupied for the duration of the break in.

To save you the effort. After a couple of phone calls I can confirm that the jamming detection had been disabled due to several false alarms. ( if you recall one manufacturer of one way wireless linked domestic burglar alarms recommends turning off the jamming detection if false alarms have become a problem ).

The other fact I learnt is that the alarm is going to be replaced by a wired alarm.

Sponsored Links
Gents, the OP asked about his alarm....

Once again Bernard, you completely detract from this original query with a slating on wireless alarms.....

I think we are all getting bored on here of your continuous drivel......if you can't make a positive contribution, then don't bother saying anything....simples!!

The OP has asked for help, not simply rip out alarm.....

Thx
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back