Yale Premium Alarm Hsa6400 Wirefree Alarm Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope somebody can help as this driving me nuts.

When my alarm is set/armed it beep every 10/15 secs till I disarm it, how the hell do I stop it from beeping
:mad:

Sponsored Links
Where is Yaleguy when someone needs expert help ?

Bleeping indicates a problem of some sort or maybe one of the sensors needs a new battery.

It should be in the instruction manual.

yes, it does sound like a flat battery

What does the display say? And the log?

is it the panel bleeping, or the siren?

How long has it been doing this?

When was it installed?

No message on the display, I will try changing all the batteries tonight. Do I need to press a reset button or something similar after changing the batteries?

Thanks for you help

Sponsored Links
I think the log clear.
Its the box outside which is beeping
It was installed about 2 years ago

Thanks

If you have looked at the log and it is clear, and the siren is bleeping, it is probably the siren batteries that need changing. It should have warned you by bleeping and flashing during arming and disarming for a few weeks.

Although I agree that in all cases after 2 yrs batteries should be replaced the symptom described does not conform to any normal behaviours of this system . There is no documented or historical evidence that a system when armed will bleep at the siren only every 15 seconds or so . Low siren battery status is indicated by 5 beeps when arming. I am sure that fresh batteries all round will likely solve the problem if sensor and siren batteries are swapped but the behavior is not as expected

Lovely!

I'm looking at purchasing one of these systems due to the ease of installness. Would you recommend it otherwise?

Can wireless systems be as secure as wired? Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Can wireless systems be as secure as wired? Any other advice would be much appreciated.

One word answer. NO

Longer answer. They can be almost as secure but the amount of time effort and money ( including possibly yearly fees a licence for near exclusive use of a radio channel ) needed to achieve a secure system makes radio linked systems totally un-economical for a domestic situation.

You may buy the wireless system and install it and it works fine. Then a neighbour buys the same system and there are two alarms using the same radio channel to communicate from sensors to control panel and/or siren.

The two big advantages of a DIY wireless system like the Yale is that it is cheap (esoecially if you buy it from a discount supplier like ironmongerydirect dot com) and that the householder can easily install it himself in an hour or so

The 6400 has advantages like mutiple user PINs, an activity and fault log, and it can phone you and friends and neighbours with a recorded message in the event of an alarm

If those two key advantages are not vital to you, you can buy a moresecure system for mote money.

For example in my own home I have a system that costs more to maintain each year than a Yale costs to buy, and cost ten times as much to install.

Some of the professional alarmers on here hate DIY alaarms and will tell you all sorts ofthings to put you off.

If your neighbour buys an identical akarm, his devices will all have diffetent serial numbers and will not trigger yours.

If your neighbour buys an identical akarm, his devices will all have diffetent serial numbers and will not trigger yours.
Correct in that it is very unlikely to trigger yours but it may block the alarm signal from your sensor thus preventing your sensors from triggering your alarm. There is no way around that, it is a physical fact of shared radio channel use.

"may" but probably won't

Sadly no-one has ever shown any evidence of this happening in real life

Each sensor, when triggered, sends a message to the control panel (or siren if no panel) which includes its own electronic serial number so that the receiver knows if it is one of the sensors from your own house. The signal lasts for a fraction of a second.

If two sensors are triggered at exactly the same time, their signals may interfere with each other. This is not easy to achieve. They would also both have to be within range of the receiver.

If your house has, for example, a sensor on the front door, and others in various rooms, it would possible, but increasingly unlikely, for a neighbour to trigger his sensors at the same time as yours.

It would take a confident burglar to hope that this would happen, and a fortunate burglar if it did.

This is of course all speculation as no-one has evidence of it happening with a Yale alarm.

"may" but probably won't

Sadly no-one has ever shown any evidence of this happening in real life
Maybe there is no documented evidence of it happening with a particular make of alarm.
The signal lasts for a fraction of a second.
and then the sensor goes to sleep for a minute.

If two sensors are triggered at exactly the same time, their signals may interfere with each other.
Not may. will interfere.
This is not easy to achieve.
Not when itis two sensors with their short duration single shot attempt to trigger the alarm.
They would also both have to be within range of the receiver.
obviously as otherwise the panel would not hear them sending alarm messages.
it would possible, but increasingly unlikely, for a neighbour to trigger his sensors at the same time as yours.
Other people's alarm sensors are no the only equipment that can transmit legally on the radio channel

This is of course all speculation as no-one has evidence of it happening with a Yale alarm.
But there is plenty on information about blocking of radio signals on sites like
Ofcom.
http://lpra.org/what-is-low-power-short-range-radio http://www.etsi.org/website/technologies/shortrangedevices.aspx

As Bernard agrees, depending where your panel is, and how thick your walls are, and how far away your neighbours house is, and where his sensors are
They would also both have to be within range of the receiver.
obviously as otherwise the panel would not hear them sending alarm messages.
then of course "may" not "will"

The signal lasts for a fraction of a second.

If two sensors are triggered at exactly the same time, their signals may interfere with each other. This is not easy to achieve.

skipped over that bit, didn't you?

you brought up the idea of
bernardgreen said:
You may buy the wireless system and install it and it works fine. Then a neighbour buys the same system and there are two alarms using the same radio channel to communicate from sensors to control panel and/or siren

and what? you think it will be easy to achieve your neighbour triggering his sensors, at exactly the same time as a burglar triggers yours, when they last a fraction of a second?

It would take a confident burglar to hope that this would happen, and a fortunate burglar if it did.

Bernard does not disagree that
The two big advantages of a DIY wireless system like the Yale is that it is cheap (especially if you buy it from a discount supplier like ironmongerydirect dot com) and that the householder can easily install it himself in an hour or so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back