Yeeehaaar! (No. 2)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my second installment of cowboy standard plumbing pictures, lifted from other plumbing forums.

The pictures form part of a bigger bodge, which involved a shower pump that pumped from the cold main and a combi! This interesting arrangemnt came to an end because it was interfereing with a neighbour's supply.

All work was apparently performed by 'professionals'.

'More beans Mr Taggart?'

Sponsored Links
But short of digging into the wall how could that have been done any better?

Digging into the wall, apart from making a one hour job into a three hour , would then have ended up with non matching tiles!

Tony

Sponsored Links

Digging into the wall, apart from making a one hour job into a three hour , would then have ended up with non matching tiles!

Tony

I think tony is right. A lot of us would sniff at such a job but go to any dodgy b&b up north in the seaside towns and you will see many such works of art. It doesn't look pretty, but I bet the rest of the bathroom looks naff to with an avocado or chocolate coloured suite.

Im a diyer & I know I can do a better job, I think I would also have tried to bend the pipe (chrome if you can get it) & reduce the number of compression fittings.

Now this DIYer is going to redo the job! But he may not even use chrome fittings.

There is a professional way to solve the problem to a large extent and I would have done that.

It relies on determining conspicuity!

Chrome is most conspicious and NOT the right way to do it in this case.

I would have used copper tube with soldered end feeds and painted it white so that it blended into the background. It would have been cheaper in materials as well.

Tony

Agile..What Diyer is going to redo it?

If I as a diyer had a need for this, I would come onto a forum such as this & ask for advice.

Who gives a toss as long as it works, was most likely a cheap job, get what you pay for, pay peanuts get monkeys.

Tony

I think tony is right. A lot of us would sniff at such a job but go to any dodgy b&b up north in the seaside towns and you will see many such works of art.
Are you trying to be devisive, racist or supremacist.Up North indeed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back