Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ah im used to fubar!

i reckon some big names might go, hoping hazel blears will be one

Sponsored Links
ah im used to fubar!

i reckon some big names might go, hoping hazel blears will be one

Ooohhh. I sincerely hope she does go. Something about the way she looks like the pet hamster you had as a kid that used to bite your fingers , I think. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
i know i should care but i just dont, it isnt about voting for who you think is good/will do a good job, it is knowing for a fact you are going to get humped by them all, its just a case of deciding who is going to hump you the least, which is sad but true

I'm really hoping that all of the Labour cabinet will go. Specially that slimy toerag Mandelson.
There's something not quite right about a man who get's thrown out of Parliament TWICE. Then gets in without anyone being able to vote whether he's suitable.

And this from a party that's had reform of the Lords on its manifesto for the last 13 years.
Wh'appen? Did they conveniently forget, or just this once won't hurt?

Anyway's supposing the Tories win, can they remove him from the House of Lords?? (hopefully without any pension rights etc etc)

Not without reforming the House of Lords 'cos Gordie made him a life peer in 2008. (Despite his rather spurious background, mixed up with a fair bit of suspicion of fiddling/cheating))
So even reforming the H of L (assumption) will give financial compensation to current occupants.
Unless some transitional reform sees 're-elected' peers foregoing financial compensation.

Anyway he's entitled to a pension:-
" As a former EU commissioner, Lord Mandelson is entitled to a £31,000 pension when he reaches the age of 65 years. This, however, is contingent on a "duty of loyalty to the Communities" which applies also after his term in office" (Wikipedia)

This "duty of loyalty" was also raised as possibly being a conflict of interest to his role in the UK Government.
"The Taxpayers' Alliance, which uncovered the potential threat to his pension, demanded that he should declare it as a conflict of interest, and either forgo his EU pension payments or resign as a minister. "When one considers that his new ministerial post deals specifically with Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform – all areas that are intimately involved with EU legislation, regulation and policy –" the group said, "the conflict of interest is even more stark." (Wikipedia)

This is in addition to :
"he will continue to receive taxpayer-funded EU pay worth £234,000 over three years - in addition to his annual ministerial salary of £104,386. " (BBC News 2009)

Not sure about the outcome myself but looking at the Bookies odds who always appear to get it right and a hung parliment looks a cert. Whoever gets in will be very unpopular throughout the next couple of years as they will be cuts everywhere

When Labour fails bigtime, the vultures will close in on Brown, look at the attemtps to unseat him in the last 3 years, and the fact the hard left has bit its tongue and kept quiet whilst slowly getting a strangle hold on the parliamentary labour party, by funding more MP's (and therefore being able to control them).

There will be a coup de tat, brown will be executed, and the hard left wil ltake over. You watch.

"There will be a coup de tat, Brown will be executed, and the hard left will take over. You watch.""

I wonder if GB will claim removal expenses when he leaves 10 Downing St?

I'll have to see what odds Ladbrokes are offering on that. Probably about 10/11 on.

I see that as soon as the polls close at 10'o'clock ITV,BBC and SKY are doing an exit poll and projecting it on to big ben we'll see tomorrow how accurate it is.

i know i should care but i just dont, it isnt about voting for who you think is good/will do a good job, it is knowing for a fact you are going to get humped by them all, its just a case of deciding who is going to hump you the least, which is sad but true

In that case you should DEFINITELY vote! For the one with the smallest tadger!

unless you like that sort of thing

Sponsored Links
Back