Zanussi Electrolux 1600 Aquacycle 5.5Kg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ,

I have the above washing machine , when its finished its cycle the conditioner has gone from the compartment but its full of water it should be empty , also the washing smells like its been washed in dirty water any help please.

Sponsored Links
Probably 2 different problems but both simple to fix. The conditioner problem is just a case of the syphon parts getting gummed up and needing cleaning. This consists in effect of a vertical tube with a cover over it. You need to remove the cover and clean out the inside of the cover and the tube.
The smell is probably a build up of bacteria on the internal surfaces of the machine. Get some washing soda crystals and put some direct in the drum with no washing. Run the machine on the highest temperature wash and it should kill and wash off the bacteria.

I have taken the top off , i cannot see a vertical tube , the back does not come off either . Is it possible to use wasing machine scale remover to clear the blockage or is their a more powerfull product to use ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I meant the lid in the actual fabric conditioner compartment. It is just a clip on cover which has the top part of the syphon moulded into it, the bottom part being moulded into the actual drawer.
The washing soda should work fine and is cheaper than special washing machine cleaner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back