Zion and the Art of Armageddon

Bad Faith traces the origins of the movement as a savvy, disproportionately powerful political force, from churches to Republican political operatives to donors, either from conviction or convenience. “I think a lot of Americans have a very difficult time accepting and understanding the fact that such treason, such anti-democratic activity, could be carried out by people who basically look like Sunday school teachers,” Stephen Ujlaki, the film’s director, told the Guardian. By looking back on the half-century of Christian nationalist belief, organizing and action, the events of January 6 no longer seemed shocking, but the logical endpoint of anti-democratic ideals. “It was unmistakable, once you looked in the right place and you listened to what people were saying, and you understood how to decode what they were saying,” said Ujlaki. “Little would you know that when they talk about recreating the kingdom of God on earth, they weren’t talking about something spiritual. They were talking about demolishing democracy so that God, ie themselves, could rule. And for that reason, I call it a conspiracy carried out in broad daylight.”

The Guardian

Sponsored Links
Egypt is back with HAMAS with the latest Israeli response. I'm not sure it's worth repeating an Israeli comment about return all hostages and effect on intended actions on Rafar. We'd need full details about what they are offering. It's pretty clear now that we'll carry on if HAMAS doesn't do what ever is wanted is the pressure that is being used. The counter pressure is the need to evacuate Rafar and having hostages. Evacuation wont be a quick event and is bound to attract some bad press. Also the general view is that not all Palestinians will move out of Rafar. Much like what happened in other areas that have been hit.

Egypt is not happy about an attack on Rafar. Maybe negotiations as well. They don't want Palestinians moving in. ;) Filly has a view on why but I think it's not as simple as that. It's interesting that Egypt was given some $ that appeared to be spent on boarder reinforcement. There were also buildings not far behind the boarder - not possible to say what they were.

The other Arab views. Pass but Blinken is off to Saudi again. Eygpt may have mentioned do you want to fall out with your neighbours again. Currently a lot of that is cooperation in some areas. A US view has been that if Saudi fully accept Israel all others will fall in line. Feather in the cap of any president. It's not that easy to see if all of this is factual but looks like it is from comments.

Last edited:
The other Arab views. Pass but Blinken is off to Saudi again. Eygpt may have mentioned do you want to fall out with your neighbours again. Currently a lot of that is cooperation in some areas. A US view has been that if Saudi fully accept Israel all others will fall in line. Feather in the cap of any president. It's not that easy to see if all of this is factual but looks like it is from comments.

Qatar hasn't normalised relations with Israel yet but I suspect it's on their 'to do' list. Sticking point is they're funding Hamas along with Iran and hosting all the Hamas top brass in luxury paid for by Palestinian aid.
Eventually all the Arab countries will have accepted Israel, with the exception of Iran, and by default Yemen, Lebanon and Syria.

Qatar hasn't normalised relations with Israel yet
I believe it's just like the rest. Cooperating but interesting that they have dropped out of negotiations.
Hamas top brass in luxury paid for by Palestinian aid.
No those have access to HAMAS money. They have rather a lot of it in a very well managed investment fund.The US have been wondering if they can get at it.

;) I wont bother mentioning the reason for the Qatar monthly supply of money to Gaza again. It's highly likely to be factual. Somebody needs to pay the human infrastructure costs otherwise they wouldn't exist. All sorts of bods even civil servants. Sure Israel would rather they didn't but bear in mind what would happen if the source was shut off.

Past problems - It took the Arabs 4 years or so to give us an oil crisis. Why - as things were not working out 2 state wise etc as expected.

Sponsored Links
Really - US ship and US pontoon kit.

Yes really

It was reported on the news yesterday lunchtime
Various assistance the UK has given agreed limited but assistance none the less

Includes an accommodation ship ?? And other logistic help / assistance / advice ect ect

As usual if any one wants to question it say it never happened or it’s not true

Take it up with the BBC ??

If Arab countries are asked to accept Israel, where will its borders be?

Various assistance the UK has given agreed limited but assistance none the less
Same from France was mentioned as well. The degree of help and actual details not given. More of a mention the allies type statement.

If Arab countries are asked to accept Israel, where will its borders be?

Israel only has two 'official' borders at the moment, one with Egypt and one with Jordan, the two countries Israel has peace agreements with. The other unofficial borders are more or less where the Israeli army advanced to in the 1967 war. Those borders will have to be negotiated

So, nobody knows.

Israel has occupied the West Bank.of Palestine and its colonists have seized it.

That's right, nobody knows. Those borders are where they settled after the 1967 war.

https://www.britannica.com/summary/Six-Day-War

Peace talks are needed to resolve border issues and as long as certain Arab countries refuse to engage in peace talks the borders will remain unresolved.

So Israel wipes Palestine off the map.

Annexing the occupied territories

I've been reading that the population of the West Bank was somewhere between 500,000 and 800,000 before 1967. Now there are more than three million Palestinians in the West Bank. Is this all just natural population growth. Or have Palestinians been allowed to move into the West Bank, by Israel, from elsewhere (including Israel itself).

Sponsored Links
Back