Zoning areas with a combi

As in other recent posts, 2 port valves have volt free end switches on the grey and orange wires.

3 port mid-position valves use the grey wire to move to CH only, and feed the boiler from the orange. This is obviously NOT VOLT FREE.

then you could use a relay on the orange switching volt free contacts.

Sponsored Links
I wonder what the Sparks Regs are with 240Vac & LV on the same cable??
More common on RF room stat wiring. Hmmmm.......interesting?

I know that Sparks cream their pants reading their Regs!! So we may be in danger of being bored to tears with a Sparks!!

as far as I understand the regs for selv and lv in the same cable, as long as the insulation is rated for the voltage carried on all the conductors there is no problem, as all the conductors are insulated to carry 240v on a 2 port I cant see any problem,

I cant wait till the sparks see this.

3 port mid-position valves use the grey wire to move to CH only, and feed the boiler from the orange. This is obviously NOT VOLT FREE.

It does not matter if you know what you are doing. Only becomes an issue if 3 and 4 are low voltage.

Sponsored Links
Quote:
From the other thread on that, half the forum dont know how to do that !

Tony let the boiler be a Baxi 105e, programmer is Danfoss FP715Si and MV the Honeywell midposition valve. What wires would you put where to make the system work. Ignore thermostats as it will be assumed the stats are correctly wired to operate the motorised valve to heat the zone that is calling

Tony can you show how you would wire above three port to the section of forum that do not know 'how to do that!'

as far as I understand the regs for selv and lv in the same cable, as long as the insulation is rated for the voltage carried on all the conductors there is no problem, as all the conductors are insulated to carry 240v on a 2 port I cant see any problem,

I cant wait till the sparks see this.

Correct
ELV can be used in the same cable as LV as long as the insulation is rated for the higher voltage

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back