Instead of locking threads,, just ban Rogue Hanger the troll

What’s the matter with you Rouge! Of course "I abhor racism". Why would you think I would have a problem saying that – and meaning it? (I’m seriously going to have to show this to my work colleagues; from all walks of life. Maybe you really are trolling as the OP said).

So are you now saying I’m condoning racism too? You don’t know if someone really is racist or not and that is a fact! (The arrogance surfaces again). You come on like someone using a water diviner to find radiation shouting “See, I’m right! Here’s the proof! I told you he’s racist!”.

As you yourself said, anyone who hasn’t been bored to death by now will form their own opinion whether they think I am or whether you epitomise PC paranoia gone to the extreme. Whatever your ‘cause’ is, I don’t think you are doing it favour if the very mention of someone’s colour is anathema to you. It’s daft when people say things like “I don’t see someone as a colour”. Is that you as well? If so, that’s more crap! Of course you see someone’s colour, it’s how you think and feel and act which matters.

So what are you saying, "there is a problem, but it's not mine."?
It should be everyone’s concern. As for being a problem, if I saw someone being verbally abused or otherwise discriminated against because of their colour I’d be the first to step in or support them in a Court of law. I would with anyone, actually, regardless of their skin, gender or ability! But no, I’m not on a mission to try and right every perceived wrong otherwise I’d probably have gone into Politics.

As for “positive action”? Instead of getting into a p1$$ing contest with me
3ztzsjm.gif
Why don’t you try some positive action yourself by: -

A) Give credit where due or not completely ignoring everything I have said which is very clearly not racist.
B) Appreciate that I may just have helped more people from all walks of life than you ever have if you bothered to find out.
C) Instead, attack those who people and Political Parties that really and evidentially are racist like the dog with a bone you are.
165fs373950.gif

Sponsored Links
The sad bit is that all the migrants that RH loves actually hate his guts because there are far more real racists around that think he, as a Brit, is a piece of poo. Such a sad, sad, man. :cry:

I don’t know Joe, but I know what you mean. Something I learnt long ago is if you want to really know how your own country and people are perceived then move abroad.

Dr. Phil mode ‘on’: But he’s coming across like he himself or someone he loves had a major bad personal experience of racism, (maybe in Britain), which has either left him with a chip on his shoulder or on a mission to eradicate anything he perceives as racist.

He should be more like me; I’m a balanced chap. I’ve got a chip on both shoulders. (Groan).

I’ll get my coat...

Big Tone, you have to understand that RH sees the worst in everyone. If your in the least worried about the amount of immigration into the UK, and have the guts to say so, then sorry RH deems you racist.
Personally, I do worry slightly about the way the UK seems to be used by a lot of immigrants seeking benefits , rather than coming here to work and contribute to our economy. I worry about the way the EU has developed over the years and has become the headless monster it is. I worry for my children's futures under continued membership of the EU in it's current form. If all that makes me racist in the eyes of RH, then I'm happy to stand up and be counted.

I'd be a happier man if we had a referendum on re-defining/ negotiating our EU membership. I certainly don't believe the scaremongers who tell us that our country would suffer unduly if we left the EU. You only have to look at the economies of non EU countries like Switzerland and Norway and ask, if these countries suffer by not being in the EU ?

Sponsored Links
I don't know where he came from but you must know him or what his previous incarnation was far better than me Jock.

I liked his posts to start with and agreed with some of his points. But his incessant and unrelenting attack of me, without knowing a single thing about the real me, has left me cold. So I'm in the can't be bothered camp at the moment tbh.

But, as always and to repeat, a good or accurate point is just that no matter who or where it comes from. And that's where I'll give credit or thanks no matter who or where from.

I don't have friends or allies here, I have my opinion based on a lifetime of experience and, some, education....

What’s the matter with you Rouge! Of course "I abhor racism".
Good for you BT. It wasn't hard was it. It's a shame others couldn't follow suit, and mean it.

I’m seriously going to have to show this to my work colleagues; from all walks of life.
I sincerely hope that you do, BT, all the thread, not just the odd selected post. Of course we'll never know, will we?

So are you now saying I’m condoning racism too?
You appear to be by explicitly supporting the racially prejudiced posters, thereby implicitly condoning their comments. As I said, we'll perhaps see if your actions reflect your sentiments.

So what are you saying, "there is a problem, but it's not mine."?
It should be everyone’s concern.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

As for “positive action”? Instead of getting into a p1$$ing contest with me? Why don’t you try some positive action yourself by: -

A) Give credit where due or not completely ignoring everything I have said which is very clearly not racist.
You forget very quickly. I did say at one point that your comments about your work colleague were a shame because it as good as negated your previous comments.
I've also given you credit for your statement on racism. I aslo gave you credit for your comments about my abuse.

The rest of your post was just a rant.
But I notice that you didn't address my other points:
d) What is wrong with people specifying a peference for partners with green eyes, black hair, long legs or whatever attribute they find attractive?
What are you saying? That there are no racially abusive comments on this or other threads? Or that there are no racially prejudiced white people?
You think it's OK to trivialise racism?

Big Tone, you have to understand that RH sees the worst in everyone. If your in the least worried about the amount of immigration into the UK, and have the guts to say so, then sorry RH deems you racist.
There you go again, confusing the topic of immigration and racism. They are two entirly different topics, until someone mixes them.
Personally, I do worry slightly about the way the UK seems to be used by a lot of immigrants seeking benefits , rather than coming here to work and contribute to our economy.
But do you have any concern for indigenous people seeking benefits and not intending to contribute to the economy? Why single out immigrants, especially when it's been proved that the vast majortiy do work and do contribute to the economy.

I worry about the way the EU has developed over the years and has become the headless monster it is. I worry for my children's futures under continued membership of the EU in it's current form. If all that makes me racist in the eyes of RH, then I'm happy to stand up and be counted.

I'd be a happier man if we had a referendum on re-defining/ negotiating our EU membership. I certainly don't believe the scaremongers who tell us that our country would suffer unduly if we left the EU. You only have to look at the economies of non EU countries like Switzerland and Norway and ask, if these countries suffer by not being in the EU ?
Yet again, you've confused another issue. The EU membership is not under discussion here. This topic, currently, is about racism.

The sad bit is that all the migrants that RH loves actually hate his guts because there are far more real racists around that think he, as a Brit, is a piece of poo. Such a sad, sad, man. :cry:
For you to insult me, joe, I need first to value your opinion.

I don’t believe in positive discrimination. I believe the best person should get the job regardless and irrespective of whoever and however many of a particular stereotype that may or may not be! The clue is in the word “discrimination”. For that you think I’m racist?
Positive discrimination is sometimes a useful tool for various reasons, eg for overcoming institutional racism, or ensuring that some institutions represent those that they serve, or the employer recognises that a fair mix of people are required, etc.
For the same reason, a requirement for a certain gender is not necessarily sexist or positive discrimination. It all depends on the role that they are required to perform.

Sorry, BT, I've been busy and I overlooked this. Did you want to explore your opposition to Positive Discrimination further? I'm up for it.

For you to insult me, joe, I need first to value your opinion.

That's your problem RH - it wasn't an insult. It is REAL life. Something that is eluding you. :rolleyes:

Herring makes some of the lefties on here seem positively "right".

I don’t believe in positive discrimination. I believe the best person should get the job regardless and irrespective of whoever and however many of a particular stereotype that may or may not be! The clue is in the word “discrimination”. For that you think I’m racist?
Positive discrimination is sometimes a useful tool for various reasons, eg for overcoming institutional racism, or ensuring that some institutions represent those that they serve, or the employer recognises that a fair mix of people are required, etc.
For the same reason, a requirement for a certain gender is not necessarily sexist or positive discrimination. It all depends on the role that they are required to perform.

Sorry, BT, I've been busy and I overlooked this. Did you want to explore your opposition to Positive Discrimination further? I'm up for it.
Please do. But start another thread and I will endulge you. You have muddied the water and taken my name in vain enough here...

Without going through every post, that's what got up my nose too Jock. How does anyone 'prove' they are not a racist yet vehemently hold an opinion on the sheer numbers in this country?

The only way not to be labelled racist on this Board is by either saying nothing or saying yes to welcoming everyone in. That was RH's attack towards me. But apart from that occasion I find him mostly a good poster and enjoy his intelligent take on things. We can't all agree on everything...
This was your first post on this thread, BT. Page 11.
Kindly remind me when, or where, I accused you of racism, in the first instance.
Or did you just pile in, on the side of the racists?

And you've still not responded to my other points. Or are they too uncomfortable for you?

Sponsored Links
Back