Altec thermo not operating the boiler since battery change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is 18 months old and has been working fabulously since.... however, turning the heating back on last week showed the need for new batteries for the Altec thermostat fitted at the same time (I didn't even know it had batteries). Since the new batteries the only way the boiler will come on is to press the refresh button each time........... it's not picking up the drop in temp to bring it on normally. Any ideas please? I've tried 2 sets of batteries.

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Do you have the instructions?

By the way, it's ALTECH if you're searching online.

I think they're made by Salus, so this site may be useful: http://www.salus-tech.com/help/index.php?fid=10 (you might need to search other sections, not just this bit).

It sounds like you need to pair the transmitter and receiver to get things back to normal.

Good luck.

thanks - can't see I was left a book - will have to try and search online and hope I can follow the instructions. You're probably right - the flashing flame shows in the window of the transmitter but it doesn't bring the boiler on unless I refresh............ then it doesn't keep the 'match' for the next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back