viessman 100 WB1A Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a steady drip from where the impeller housing joins the plastic casing (at the bottom ) I removed housing, checked and cleaned gasket which was fine, so I rotated it round and re fitted housing.
well its still dripping from the same place at bottom, I notice there are openings into the housing but what could be letting the water pass?
Anybody had this fault, by the way I believe it is a grundfoss pump.
P.S. I hadn,t really noticed before as the boiler is in the loft, but the pump
does seem to be running noisy at times.
Thanks in advance, Ian.

Sponsored Links
It's probably a wilo pump on one this old, if it's dripping from the small slot at the bottom of the pump and it's noisy it means the pump bearings are failing, beware it will soon dump all it's water through that slot! It's not repairable it's a new pump I'm afraid

Thanks for the advice Bunnyman, would I be able to use a similar wilo off the shelf pump replacemant or does it have to be a viessman branded one.
obviously there will be a big difference in price, I'm out of work and moneys tight.
Cheers Ian.

Since my last post regarding leak I've realised that what I thought was noise from the pump is just the casing vibrating with having the front off.
Does this change the diagnosis,and if so is there anything else I can try.
Thanks Ian.

Sponsored Links
Hi, no the drip is still there, so can I assume it is still a worn bearing and
needs pump replacing.

well I worked out how to get the rotor/bearing assembly out and saw the large 0 ring, which was fine but I could see the movement of the worn bearing.

For anyone else who has to replace their pump on this boiler, it is a Wilo with a veissman label.

I got a Wilo smart 25/6 standard c/h pump and took off the rear housng.
The pump case bolts on to the existing plastic housing exactly, dead chuft at half the price.
Just one thing fit it with the electrics at the top not the left h. side, as in the original, for easier fixing, (It has a bigger elec box) You may have to push the wiring harness to one side, to close front panel.

Thanks for the advice recieved, and hope this is of help to anyone else reading this. Ian.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back