Zanussi washer - getting at the pump/hose connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi zwf1227w and the drain hose is leaking so I want to replace it. Its in a continuous piece so I'll need to connect the new one to the pump which is at the front of the machine. How do I do this?
I assume its not advisable to lie the machine on its side to approach from underneath, but there's no obvious way to remove the front panel. Anyone know how its done?

Sponsored Links
Many Zanussi washers have split cases which makes things a whole lot easier. But unfortunately yours doesn't. If there is no bottom plate lean the machine against a wall to change the hose. If you can't manage to do it that way I'm afraid you'll have to remove the front....but it isn't as bad as it sounds :D

I believe your machine may be a split case one so the easiest way to do it is to remove the rear half.

disconnect from supply
remove the lid
undo the 2 or 3 screws at the rear bottom
undo a screw behind a plastic cover at the sides near the bottom
undo the 2 or four screws at the rear of the top H plate (the ones screwed into the rear section)
unclip the water fill valves (two little plastic clips either side of the curved plastic bit) and lift them up slightly
the back half will now come backwards and slightly upwards.

Darn the pic I got for it showed it as a split case.

Ah well I have done one with a removable front panel by 'fighting' through the bottom after leaning it forward onto a chair cushion,

Sponsored Links
I did not check the PNC just looked at pic but it was a generic Zanussi pic not specific to that model.

Teach me not to go to sleep when I need to.

Sorry guys I'm a bit confused. Its not a split case machine? So what method would you recommend for getting at the pump/hose connection?

Lean it against a wall or lay it down supported & try to change the hose from the underneath. If no-go then the front has to come off.

Lean it against a wall or lay it down supported & try to change the hose from the underneath. If no-go then the front has to come off.

Aha. Back to my first question really then, how do the front's remove on these things? I guess from what you say that its a bit of a job?

The question has already been answered. Don't go building a bridge before you need to cross it.

The question has already been answered. Don't go building a bridge before you need to cross it.

Well, the question was how to do the job and it hasn't been answered. Fortunately I have received specific instructions from another forum so thanks for your 'help'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back