Nissan Clutch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nissan Primera, 160k on the clock,, last couple of weeks when trying to accelerate the revs increase but the vehicle doesnt,, accelerating slower with the foot is ok.....

the clutch is cable and was tight so i adjusted it looser and the problem is better but still there,,, mainly in 3rd and 4th gears.. others seem ok,,,

i have been told that the clutch has worn and soon will leave me stranded but i need to know how long i have got until this happens ???? there is no burnt clutch smell yet and i have spare clutch coming at the weekend.... but need to use the car for work til then,,, is it going to be ok or are there any warning signs as to when it may go ?????

Sponsored Links
Certainly the clutch is failing - there simply isn't much friction material left.
It should last a wee while yet, so long as you don't cause it to slip - so no hard accelleration or flogging up hills in a high gear. As soon as it starts to let go, back off with the accellerator and it should be fine until the weekend.
John :)

As John says, if you don't let it slip it could last a long time, I have driven one for about 10,000 miles after it started to slip. Its unlikely to fail suddenly anyway.

Peter

I had a clutch which started to slip, drove it like an OAP for a week and one morning i came to it and i couldnt move the car off the drive. It was slipping all the time and would not engage drive at all.

Sponsored Links
Back