Major Problem: Please Help!

• Thread starter thispersonhasdied
  • Start date
T

thispersonhasdied

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks for taking a look, and I hope that you will be able to answer my questions. Please bear with me, as I know very little about plumbing.

We have a Combi Boiler, in our attic. The past few weeks, the shower has been coming out cold, and the boiler, just hasn't been kicking in (Shower is not electric, just a direct feed from the water, left is hot, right is cold, middle is warm!).

The way we've been fixing it, is running the kitchen hot tap for about 5minuets, then that finially gets warm, then turn the shower on to hot, then turn the kitchen tap off. (The shower then stays warm!).

I believe this is most likely down to pressure problems?

Please can you help me fix this problem?

I've attached a photo, of a few pipes, and a gage which is in the airing cupboard, this gage does not move, and there is a little stop/start switch to the right hand side, i've turned that on/off, and still no difference.

Please Help!! :)

Sponsored Links
There does seem to be some pressure in it.

In a loft you only need about 0.6 Bar.

But I am not convinced its a pressure problem but as you have not said what boiler you have I cannot assess the possibilities.

Tony

Sponsored Links
There does seem to be some pressure in it.

In a loft you only need about 0.6 Bar.

But I am not convinced its a pressure problem but as you have not said what boiler you have I cannot assess the possibilities.

Tony

I'm not too sure on the actual boiler make/model, without getting up there. It's a combi, not too old though..

if the hot is ok elsewhere i would suggest you are getting a backflow from the shower valve.

Pressure fine according to the gauge.

if the hot is ok elsewhere i would suggest you are getting a backflow from the shower valve.

Pressure fine according to the gauge.

The hotwater seems to be okay downstairs, however, it needs to run for about 5 minuets, before it kicks in and starts warming up.

Looks like pre 2005 from what can be seen.

Deff somthing wrong!

Tony

Deff somthing wrong!

Why not nip up the ladder and id the boiler?

Tony

Deff somthing wrong!

Why not nip up the ladder and id the boiler?

Tony

Here'a a pic!

You don't need two posts, your just confusing people.

Your system pressure has nothing to do with your shower problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back