fitting new syncro switch on honeywell 2 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After reading these forums I have bought a new syncro switch, but am a little confused as to fitting it.
There are 2 orange wires coming out of the new switch with spade terminals.There are also 2 plastic terminal covers.
Looking at the old one It has another wire connected to each of the syncro wires terminated into a plastic terminal cover.
Do I have to cut the old wires off the old syncro, if I have to do that how do i connect it then to the new syncro orange wires spade terminals..

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Doesn't matter which wire to which wire!

Just cut them and join them. The plastic caps are crimps.cjust pop the wires into the cap and crimp shut, preferably with a crimp tool.

Good luck
Carl

If you weren't supplied with the plastic cap type crimps you can use normal crimps.

And try not to loose the tiny screw that secures the motor to the valve body, if dropped it ALWAYS dissapears down a crack in the floorboards!! ;)

Sponsored Links
That sounds brilliant,,do I need to cut off the spade from the new syn wires.and just twist the 2 together then crimp.

that is correct - make very sure that you have isolated the electrical supply and confirmed it is dead using a meter! ;)

And try not to loose the tiny screw that secures the motor to the valve body, if dropped it ALWAYS dissapears down a crack in the floorboards!! ;)

And just to add, (if you have a honeywell valve with a 'bump' on the cover) you will have 1 screw. If not, you will have 2.

Mr. W.

And just to add, (if you have a honeywell valve with a 'bump' on the cover) you will have 1 screw. If not, you will have 2.

Mr. W.

:( :( TWO screws :?: I only got one this month (or was it this year??)
ahh, well, :evil:

Well what can I say other than a big thank you..I am 67 years of age and the thought of having to call an engineer out frightens me. I realise it has taken years of training to become skilled and they are entitled to a decent living but the call out costs are scarey before you even start talking about parts and labour. So I will tackle the job tomorrow and hopefully it will sort out the problem of my boiler firing up randomly even with the programmer off.. I will let you all know. MANY MANY THANKS

I am not convinced that you have correctly identified the problem.

However, you will find out when you change the motor.

Tony

. So I will tackle the job tomorrow and hopefully it will sort out the problem of my boiler firing up randomly even with the programmer off.. I will let you all know. MANY MANY THANKS[/quote]

Oh. dear.

. So I will tackle the job tomorrow and hopefully it will sort out the problem of my boiler firing up randomly even with the programmer off.. I will let you all know. MANY MANY THANKS

Oh. dear.[/quote]

Well up until reading your post I fealt hopefull but now "oh dear" makes me wonder if I should try to fix it...

Well gents,,I have fitted the new sync switch, straight forward enough and all crimped up but it hasn't resolved the problem.
Whilst I had the sync switch out I had a look at the valve itself just to see if it had gotten sloppy but it seems ok although when I open the valve manually with the slide, it seems to work ok other than it doesn' go all the way back,is that normal, it stops short about 6mm and I wonder could the problem be that the valve is not closing properly allowing water through and when we pull hot water off it's just topping up.
As I said previously the boiler fires up even when the programs are turned off, and it only fires up for a short time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back