Exterior Artex!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I have just built a garden room covering the exterior with shuttering ply. I then applied, what I thought the rest of my house is covered in, an exterior type artex!!
I stippled it and it looked pretty good, I even painted it, it matched the rest of the house well, then........
It rained!:eek:
That's when I checked the bag and found it was actually normal artex (thought it was a bit smooth when I mixed it)

The water is just soaking through so it's got to come off, but what can I replace it with?
Is there an external covering that I can stipple and paint to match the rest of the house?

Please help, (remember it's the season of goodwill to all men - and idiots!)
Chris76 :oops:

Sponsored Links
could always just use normal artex and use a masonry paint to waterproof it..
sounds like a bodge but i used it patch a bit of my garden wall 3 years ago.. no probs.

textured render? my friend's terraced house is covered in white painted textured render i think. Not artex anyway!

Something High Build..can`t remember :oops: but a mate`s mobile home(holiday one) is covered with it.so is the rest of the site..........perhaps try a google....OMAR make these "mobile Homes" amongst others

Sponsored Links
That's it Nige! that's what I need but what's it called?
I'll check it out further
Thanks
Chris76

There are a couple of high build paints around that are easy to get hold of...

Brollac makes one..or used to but a lot of their products are being phased out now...sandtex also make one which is very good.

Youl need a special roller to apply it and you'l probably have to prime the wall first.

Johnstones may also make one but im not sure..

Good luck....

Many thanks you guys, I've got loads of idea's now, I just need a bit of a dry spell to get in the mood to tackle it :p

chris76

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back