Switch fuse - Minimum fuse rating

I guess it depends whether the conduit stops at the ground (which I was assuming it did) and was just there to make things look tidy
It's very subjective but, speaking personally, I would find a bit of black cable neatly clipped to the wall more aesthetically pleasing than all that white plastic!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
BIITEO etc.

I'd rather see a perfectly straight run of white (or black) pipe than cable. But round rather than oval.

Anyway, not a flush box so there is somewhere for a cable to exit.

BUT - it doesn't look like there's even room for an 800KMF, unless it will go to the right of the cutout, which would mean re-routing the tails into the house.

Soooooo - ignoring for now the interesting prospects of splitting the tails when there's no isolator and having to access the meter connections because the route of the tails through the house is unknown so they can't be used to go into one: a Henley in the meter cabinet and another enclosure below with a switchfuse or small CU, a socket for use outside the front of the house and SWA off to the outbuilding. Lockable enclosure to prevent misuse (if that's a potential problem) with a removeable gland plate in the base so that the door can be closed or locked when the socket is in use.

IMG_0061small.jpg
;)

Sponsored Links
I'd rather see a perfectly straight run of white (or black) pipe than cable. But round rather than oval.
It looks as if the DNO's supply cable (most of which is within that {IMO!} 'big oval white eyesore'), is both black and round!

Kind Regards, John

I needed my spare fuse when commissioning to an external building was rushed and a cable was unterminated with L/N touching in a junction box.

I do like the use of proper spring steel clips though. The 22mm pipe clip is a nice fit but just not the same.

Edit just realised i'm a page or so behind!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back