Feeling electricity in water

Yes you are right I do not have any understanding about electricity and that's why I came here.im a woman who is just trying to fix a problem.the electrician will come back to do full test.i do appreciate all the feedback I got here. At least I have a safer installation than before as circuits have been isolated.i was told that before the washing machine and boiler were not protected
Fair enough. As others have said, it would be interesting if you could let us know the results of the tests when they have been done (i.e. a photo of the list of test results, with any 'identifying' bits covered up). As you've probably realised, the sort of problem you have experienced is fairly unusual, and the possible causes/cures are always a subject of debate amongst electricians.

Whatever, I hope you have a good Christmas!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this, what I do not understand is that at the beginning I was told it could be major

It still could be major.

The fact that you later said your electrician bonding the pipework has masked the problem has lowered that possibility.

If there was a major problem theres more chance that the tripswitch on your new fusebox would be tripping off now the bondings present, however as it is not tripping suggests a less serious problem.

ACTUAL voltage, as initially suspected on the pipework or elsewhere is major and lethal hopefully returning via the bonding to earth and tripping at your new fusebox

INDUCED voltage possibly not as serious, again returning via the bonding to earth and dissipating without tripping the new fusebox, but still warrants investigation.

We cannot stress enough the importance of your electrician doing the testing ASAP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back