The Theory of Everything

It's hardly a small number I think, but the point is out of all known fossils they haven't found a single one which doesn't fit in with the current theory.

Sponsored Links
So it would seem ;) This would explain Wayne Rooney as a viable entity :mrgreen: :p How else woukd such a monster evolve from a womb!

I was looking for a link to this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Almost-Like-Whale-Species-Updated/dp/055299958X

Which helps people who don't understand the timescales involved in evolution.

And I came across this site.

http://deeptime.info

Holding down a tab ,eg Dinosaurs, makes a line outside the clock appear. It puts the timescales into perspective.

It really is sad to see people arguing against something from a position of ignorance. Most of the creationists I read just don't understand the theory of evolution, so the cases they make against it are too easy to dismantle.

Sponsored Links
It's hardly a small number I think, but the point is out of all known fossils they haven't found a single one which doesn't fit in with the current theory.
One could play devil's advocate here and suggest that the reason they haven't found one is because they haven't been looking for one, or indeed perhaps they have found numerous examples but have discarded them as they haven't even countenanced their true identities. :mrgreen: ;)

For what it's worth, I am a firm believer in darwinism but am also a little disappointed by the seemingly small number of demonstrable examples of it occurring in minute stages. Early days I guess :)

http://deeptime.info

Holding down a tab ,eg Dinosaurs, makes a line outside the clock appear. It puts the timescales into perspective.

It really is sad to see people arguing against something from a position of ignorance. Most of the creationists I read just don't understand the theory of evolution, so the cases they make against it are too easy to dismantle.
Being a boring old tw*t I once worked out how far a jet flying at 500 mph would have gone by now if it had set off for our neighbouring galaxy at the time of Earth's creation.
It wasn't a hard sum to do, just involved a big sheet of paper some multiplication and lots of zeros.
Ignoring the obvious (can't fly in space, running out of juice etc.) would anyone care to guess how far it would have gone by now travelling at 500 mph for 4.5 thousand million years?
Halfway to the edge of our galaxy? All the way to Andromeda? To infinity and beyond?

That's a great guess as it happens.:LOL: Just about spot on. I made it about 3 light years. Or somewhere near the nearest star, fcking amazing or what? the sheer stupendousness of it all.

Of course :) Out of idle curiosity, where did you do your degree!

Totally irrelevant of course, but it was from one of the long established REAL Universities of the 60's with a couple of hundred years of history, certainly not a POLY.

Where as Creationists, believe any old twaddle they are indoctrinated with as being the truth without any substantiated evidence, in my opinion
Oh,I don't know. A creationist friend of mine made a good observation that all of these models that purportedly demonstrate Darwinism tend to leap from one example to another and that there are no intermediate "gentle" differences which one would expect if there was a continuous miniscule evolution.

An observation with which I don't totally agree , but creationist do exactly this and explain inconsistencies with statements such as we are not clever enough to understand God's thinking.
An excuse which I find rather convenient and avoiding the issue.
Science however tries very very hard to determine the cause of the inconsistencies. Science is very open about the inconsistencies, whereas creationists hide behind the God mantra to reconcile the inexplicable.

That's a great guess as it happens.:LOL: Just about spot on. I made it about 3 light years. Or somewhere near the nearest star, fcking amazing or what? the sheer stupendousness of it all.

For a look at 'The Scale of the Known Universe' and how insignificant the Earth is and how far even radio signals travelling at the speed of light for 100 years would have reached and the insignificance of that , have a look at this link.
I view it regularly and am never cease to be amazed at the enormity of it all, and this is just the KNOWN universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

Another link which delves into the relevant size of the very small right down to super strings to the Universe is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaGEjrADGPA.

Yeah, great links, I've seen them already, all very mind blowing, enough to make anyone feel a planck.

Where as Creationists, believe any old twaddle they are indoctrinated with as being the truth without any substantiated evidence, in my opinion
Oh,I don't know. A creationist friend of mine made a good observation that all of these models that purportedly demonstrate Darwinism tend to leap from one example to another and that there are no intermediate "gentle" differences which one would expect if there was a continuous miniscule evolution.

An observation with which I don't totally agree , but creationist do exactly this and explain inconsistencies with statements such as we are not clever enough to understand God's thinking.
An excuse which I find rather convenient and avoiding the issue.
Science however tries very very hard to determine the cause of the inconsistencies. Science is very open about the inconsistencies, whereas creationists hide behind the God mantra to reconcile the inexplicable.
One of the more unusual explanations that I've heard is that god did in fact create everything a few thousand years ago, including the appearance of evolution having taken place. Cheeky little tinker that he is :LOL: :LOL: It's all an illusion

Sponsored Links
Back