Noise in one pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It the first time I have had my HW system on and after solving the sticky thermostats I still have the problem of last year //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45399&highlight=

Basically all 4 radiators in the flat are working fine and are balanced. All have been bleed. The pump pulls the water through the systems as opposed to push. See http://www.cydodimead.co.uk/jpegs/Pipeworkcopy2.jpg The final radiator in the system is the bedroom. There is a sound of air/wooshing/gurgle type noise from the pipework from that radiator to the pump everytime the pump is running. Having drained the system at the end of last winter and then filled it back up again and bleed all the radiators etc I can't see how there is air in just that single pipe. Is it air in the pump or pipe?

Any clues on how to get rid of it?

Cy

Sponsored Links
The pump cannot go where it's shown on your drawing whichever way it facing.

Sponsored Links
Well thats where it is and the photo proves that. I will retrace all the pipe work and double check my drawing again. Won't be until tomorrow though I'm afraid

Your diagram is wrong.

At the top of the pic, the thick blue line looks like the mains feed to the ball coc ks in the two cisterns. However at the botton of the pic it appears to go into the boiler. This is not right.

You appear to have three pipes going into the boiler. That'll be one for hot flow out, one for return, and one for, er....

You appear to have both the large and the small cisterns supplying water to the boiler.

You have drawn the pump so that it appears to be sucking returning water from the downstairs rads, and pumping it towards ???

kevplumb said:
yer used a separator yer cheat ;)

Thats meant to be an injector Tee :LOL:

Some Netaheats used to doit that way, probably other as well but you know what its like when the brain goes :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back