open vented steamer

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
htgeng said:
The Vitodens 100 can be open vented or sealed.

I had a look at the Viessmann site and i thought it said it had to be sealed? Is there a reference I can look at for when the time comes? It was the Heat Only I was looking at so maybe different.

TVM

There is also the Worcester Ri at 15 kW or 18 kW which are generally liked by installers.

There is also the Eden VBX or the Biasi badged equivalent. They are 24 kW or 32 kW but range ratable.

If you have the program and the cable link the Halstead has a very nice computer interface.

Tony

Agile said:
There is also the Worcester Ri at 15 kW or 18 kW which are generally liked by installers.

There is also the Eden VBX or the Biasi badged equivalent. They are 24 kW or 32 kW but range ratable.

If you have the program and the cable link the Halstead has a very nice computer interface.

Tony

The Halstead is made by Vaillant (Glow Worm)

Terrywookfit said:
Vito 100 compact is o/v !!

Fitted one yesterday!!

sounds good, would you consider it to be an excellent boiler? Any comments/observations on using it to replace an old iron Flamingo?

We've been having a few problems with our significant installed base of Vitodens 100s. Mainly electronics issues, F4 is a common fault.

The 200 series (shortly to be updated) and the 300 series are much better.

We're beginning to notice a pattern here. The Worcester, Vaillant, Viessmann 'german' products seem to be better made and more reliable than the products the same companies make specifically for us cheapskates the UK.

In other words; Compare the following;

Worcester Ri and iJunior vs Bosch CDi
Viessmann 100 vs 200 and 300 series
Vaillant 4 series vs 6, 8 and 9 series

The former are nearly all made just for UK consumption (the Viessmann 100 is also sold in the Netherlands).

I think you're a little Behind the Ball on the F4 / electronics problem on Vitodens 100 (unless you're referring to a DIFFERENT, RECENT issue with the same symptoms..).

AIUI, this problem was jumped on VERY effectively by Viessmann in UK, so that ALL affected boilers should have had PCB changes by early summer this year, at latest. Of course, for boilers out there that never got 'notified' or warranty information sent in, there's not much more Viessmann could do! The fault and the effective remedy are no way comparable to previous examples of superficially similar problems (eg. Suprima).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back