Ideal HE Boiler Hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Boiler HE as shown on the following link.

http://www.idealboilers.com/istor_he.html

A while ago the pilot went out but wasn't too worried as it was the summer, however as winter is approaching the central heating needs to come on.

However, I go through the procedures to light the boiler but nothing happens, no attempt to light or any failure codes come up. My hot water still works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you have set the timeclock and room stat correctly?

Its always a good idea to run the heating for a few minutes every couple of weeks otherwise the valve in the boiler can get seized up.

Since the basic boiler is working then it will not be anything serious but you may need to get a professional to fix it for you. Probably just something seized up if all the controls are correctly set.

It would have been far more sensible to have got it fixed during the summer when heating engineers were less busy!

Tony

Do you mean nothing happens at all when on for ch? No C in the display, or do you mean it fires but the rads don't get hot?

As these are basically an Icos with a built in HW cylinder I would think the diverter valve is stuck.

Hi

No C on the display. Nothing happens at all.

Sponsored Links
Check all your external controls are calling for heat and then check if there is 230V at the switched live terminal on the electrical connector block.

The external control is right outside the boiler cupboard and is calling for heat.

How do you check the 230V connection and where do I look?

Thanks

Take the front case off the boiler and follow the white flex. This should end up at a black 'plug' that is pushed into the boiler. Pull this out and open it up (turn off mains first) you will find 4 wires in it. Turn power back on. L3 is permanent live and L2 is the switched live to the boiler. With your controls calling for heat, timer and room stat, L2 should read around 230V.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back